• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another bonding Question *New Question*

Hello all!

This past week I started introducing Ashlee to my pair Willie and Aspen. Apparently Ashlee decided she wants to live them, I say this because she broke out of her cage and into theirs. There haven't been any serious fights, just fur pulling. Ashlee is getting spayed on monday and I don;t know what to do. She needs 10+ days to recover from the spay. Does she need to live seperate from the other two while she is healing?

They all behave very differently when they are together. Willie has now begun to mount both of them a lot. Ashlee and Aspen are always grooming eachother and willie is nowgetting left out.

What do I do with them?

Hi,

If any of the others are male, then I'd keep Ashley out of the way for a few weeks, as the male could damage her if he mounts her. She'll need a bit of time to heal properly.

My vet recommened 4 weeks from op, although I have left mine for 6 weeks, before trying to bond her with a male.

Cristian

Okay new question...
My brother has a rabbit (also a nethie) that he doesn't take care of. My mum and I do most of the care taking. I might be taking him in with my bunnies. would it be better to bond him with ...

A) Ashlee and call it quits

B) Ashlee and and add those two to my existing pair

C) Bond Ashlee with my existing pair and then add bear in to them

Any advice apprecitated!

PS When Bear and willie were about 7 weeks old they got into a clench.

Im sure i have read on here somewhere that it is easier to bond two pairs than a third to an excisiting pair. Im sure someone will be along shortly to answer this question for you :D

Back