• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Rabbit Coming

chinakit

Warren Scout
I am getting yet another bunny on Wednesday. He is only 4 months old, and belongs to someone who has 'lost interest' in him. I am staying civil only because a good friend of mine is the Go-Between, and I don't want to involve her in any hard feelings ... BUT .... how on earth can someone get a baby rabbit and lose interest after only a couple of months :evil:

Yeah, they got a cute fluffy baby bun, then he did the unmentionable ... he started to grow up! Oh, sorry but I really despise people like this. At least they are honest I suppose. When I did animal rescue a few years back I used to get amazed at how people suddenly developed 'Allergies' to animals they could no longer be bothered to feed.

I will get off my soap box now!! Will post pics and details about him when he arrives.

Chinakit

.::.whiterabbit.::. said:
at least the are doing something about it- some people just forget to clean and feed them :D

Yes you are right .... I was just 'sounding off' last night! I hate to think how many buns are sitting around hungry and thirsty in hutches at the bottom of gardens.

Chinakit

well at leats they are going to br with you in a home that wil care and look after them. it really bugs me when parent buy say 7 yr old kids a small animal and expect them to look after it ive heard in the shops when they get them " i hope u dont think im going to clean it out" how can a young child take on the responsability of an animal.

my cousin once had a hamster it was put in his room and was hardly ever fed or waterd it died in less than a year of him purchasing it. :cry:

I agree with you. At the end of the day it is the parents responsibility, not the childs. When I used to rehome animals I always made sure they understood that!

As I get older responsibility between parents and children gets more and more complicated. On one hand the animal is the childs responsibility and most children are responsible, just not dedicated. On the other hand it is the parents responsibilty to either not let a child have a pet they will "loose interest in" or to keep and I on the animal just in case. It is just so sad that people can't just get a pet and take care of it the way it should be.

ryanh72 said:
well at leats they are going to br with you in a home that wil care and look after them. it really bugs me when parent buy say 7 yr old kids a small animal and expect them to look after it ive heard in the shops when they get them " i hope u dont think im going to clean it out" how can a young child take on the responsability of an animal.

my cousin once had a hamster it was put in his room and was hardly ever fed or waterd it died in less than a year of him purchasing it. :cry:

i see where your coming from but my mum told me when i was eleven right your 11 now no need for me to clean out the cages your pets you responisility- but she knows i was more then capable!

Back