• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I was a bridesmaid yesterday! update: I've split up with o/h

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
My best friend got married yesterday and I was her bridesmaid!

Here's a pic of me in my bridesmaid dress with my boyfriend.

menandy.jpg

I'm usually a baggy trousers, trainers and t-shirt/hoody kinda girl, felt very strange being dressed up and having to wear pointy shoes!! :oops:

That's what I was gonna say Phill - love the dress colour :) You look very pretty and it's a lovely pic of you both.

I was meant to be bridesmaid for my friend next year - was gonna have a dress that colour but the venue for her wedding has burnt down!! And she doesn't seem to be rebooking it!

Lovely piccie :D Looks like you had a lovely sunny day too.

I know this is off topic but hows the bonding goibg with your buns?

5cutebunnies said:
I know this is off topic but hows the bonding goibg with your buns?

Thanks for the comments everyone, my mum was on holiday and was disappointed that she couldn't see me in a dress!

I've not tried them together again yet... apart from when I was feeding them, I left the top hatch of Skyes cage open when I went through to get some carrots (it was Joey's turn to run around the living room) and the next thing I know there was scuffling noises from the living room and I went through and there was fur flying.... or so I thought, I later found bite marks so I'm not going to try them together again for a while. :( They had both drawn blood. :shock:

Think eventually I will take them, down to my mums as she has loads of space and they've never been there..... but it won't be for a while, I'm really scared to try them together.

Joey has taken to trying to bite Skye through the bars when it's her turn running round, I've even heard him growling a few times. I might have to accept the fact that they won't ever get on. It's such a shame as Skye goes over and lies by his cage, I really think she wants to be his friend..... But he's a grumpy man! :?

He's so sweet and good natured with me.

aw bless the grumpy old man, I don't blame you for beomg scared I think its a stressful experience and mine went so well. Don't think I could have coped if they had got all aggressive. Well good luck of you try it again :D

You both look fab Julie!! Like the others say, nice colour, my worst nightmare would be peach or pink! I was bridesmaid at my uncles wedding a few years back and the dress I had was blackwatch tartan raw silk, it was very nice and really different!

cazza269 said:
You both look fab Julie!! Like the others say, nice colour, my worst nightmare would be peach or pink! I was bridesmaid at my uncles wedding a few years back and the dress I had was blackwatch tartan raw silk, it was very nice and really different!

That sounds beautiful.

At first she was thinking pale pink or yellow :shock: :shock: :shock: but then I went round the fabric shops with her and swayed her towards that one!

At first she was thinking pale pink or yellow but then I went round the fabric shops with her and swayed her towards that one!

:lol: :lol: good lass after all its you thats got to wear it AND have your picture taken in it!! ;)

Oh dear, I'll have to Photoshop a big tear down the pic between me and Andy...... we've split up this morning after nearly 4 years. :( (has been needing to be said for a while tho so am not very very upset, still sad though)

Aw, Julie, hope you are ok (well as ok as you can be) These things are still hard even if it has been coming for a while, big hug xxx

Oh no, and u looked so lovely together!! I hope that you are OK, I seem to know a lot of people splitting up after a while together!

Aw... that's such a shame. I split up with a long-term bf after very nearly 4 years, and even though it had been coming for a while it still hit me hard (and it was me who broke it off!). Still, there's hope as now me and the chap in question are best friends and have no problems at all. I'm not saying you need to be best friends (that may not be what you want, of course!), but just so you know things will get easier.

In the meantime, lots of tea, chocolate, and movies about how much men suck! :lol:

AMETHYST

Amethyst said:
Aw... that's such a shame. I split up with a long-term bf after very nearly 4 years, and even though it had been coming for a while it still hit me hard (and it was me who broke it off!). Still, there's hope as now me and the chap in question are best friends and have no problems at all. I'm not saying you need to be best friends (that may not be what you want, of course!), but just so you know things will get easier.

In the meantime, lots of tea, chocolate, and movies about how much men suck! :lol:

AMETHYST

Yeah, we are still going to be friends, it wasn't a bad split. We just decided that we wanted different things and didn't even really fancy each other anymore. You just get into a habit of doing things. We were friends for 3 years before we got together and we have travelled Australia together, lots of good memories. We'll still be friends.

Joob-joobs said:
Yeah, we are still going to be friends, it wasn't a bad split. We just decided that we wanted different things and didn't even really fancy each other anymore.

That is EXACTLY what happened with me and my ex! Well, I'm sure you'll stay great friends, even if it's a little awkward for the first few months.

Chin up! :)

AMETHYST

aaawww the dress looks gorgeous.. and suited you :D
Sorry to hear that you have split with your bf. I split with my boyfriend after being with him for about 4years and had lived together for 2.5years too. It was the same thing with us.. we just grew apart and wanted to do different things and just didnt fancy each other anymore. When you live together i think its harder to come to terms with the fact you need to split up cos it causes such a lot of hassle. I was upset at first but a year later i have met a lovely guy who i think has alot more in common with me than my previous bf so hopefully this one will last alot longer :D :D :D

Back