• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep Tight Little Fudge

bunnytales

Mama Doe
I've lost one of my old girls this afternoon - little Fudge was a long haired piggie and on Thursday I noticed an agressive growth on her jaw - by today it was huge and although she was bright in herself she was struggling to eat so I managed to get a Vets appointment this afternoon and the Vet confirmed my fears that it was a tumour which had taken hold of the complete side of her right hand jaw.

I think I knew this in my heart it was her time but letting go of her was hard even though I know I've done the right thing for her and she was well and truely an old gal at the ripe old age of 8 years.

So sleep tight little Fudge, I miss you already - I'll look after your pal little "Skinhead" until you both meet up again. XXXXXXX

bunnytales said:
I've lost one of my old girls this afternoon - little Fudge was a long haired piggie and on Thursday I noticed an agressive growth on her jaw - by today it was huge and although she was bright in herself she was struggling to eat so I managed to get a Vets appointment this afternoon and the Vet confirmed my fears that it was a tumour which had taken hold of the complete side of her right hand jaw.

I think I knew this in my heart it was her time but letting go of her was hard even though I know I've done the right thing for her and she was well and truely an old gal at the ripe old age of 8 years.

So sleep tight little Fudge, I miss you already - I'll look after your pal little "Skinhead" until you both meet up again. XXXXXXX

awww lany at least you know you have done the best thing for her and she isnt in pain anymore :cry:

Dear Lany...so sorry to hear this and sending big hugs your way

hugs_hg_wht.gif

Oh Lany, dear, I am so very sorry, big hugs to you. Run free at the Bridge little one.

I was only thinking of you this afternoon, and our Mandy: every time I look at Harriet's photo album, it makes me think of you both. :cry:

Thinking of you and little Skinhead. xxxx

Wow, 8 years, what a little fighter! I'm sorry for your loss, though, she sounds like a very special piggie.

AMEHTYST

Awww thanks all - I sorta thought I was o.k this afternoon and now here I am - wine in one hand and a tissue in the other -

I've tucked up little "Skinhead" tonight (who is almost completely blind but very happy) which will be the first night she has ever spent on her own in seven years - I've also nicked one of the bunnies soft toys :roll: to pop in with her but I think piggies can be pretty resiliant little critters and her squeeks were loud enough when it was food time this evening so I think thats a positive sign.

Strange how the sadness comes in waves really - even though I know she's had a brill life it seemed such a difficult step to take given that she still seemed bright within herself and was happily licking my hand at the Vets - but I somehow knew even if I'd bought her home tonight I'd would have been back within days given the rapid growth of the Tumour.

I've not lost one of my critters since joining the Forum and often wondered just how much it helps to have others rally around you to offer comfort - I can know say - its does definately help to have pals around who understand and have been through the same and the comfort it can bring is second to none.

Thanks all - I'm just going to grap a box of tissues and raise a glass to my wee gal - nite nite little Fudge. X

Lizzie said:
I was only thinking of you this afternoon, and our Mandy: every time I look at Harriet's photo album, it makes me think of you both. :cry:

Oh Blimey - now I'm off again - where's me tissue box - Lizzie thats a wonderful thing to say and Harriet will always hold a special place in all our hearts, mine and Mandy's too ------------ I feel a visit coming on and a cuddle of a new pooch to cheer me up me thinks.

Awww Lany :( Huge Scottish hugs coming your way m'dear.

~ Run free over the bridge Fudge, enjoy your new life, and if you see Mini and Maxi tell them I miss them so much and I send my love ~

so very sorry to hear about fudge piggie Lany :cry: words fail me, I always feel for those who have lost when I read the posts :( my heart goes out to you at this very sad time :(

run free little miss fudge piggie

Back