• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frozen bottles

toria

Warren Scout
I have used frozen bottles on the past to kepp Fuzzy cool, whe he was alive, nowI have 2 baby bunnies and wondering is it ok at this age to use a frzen bottle in this warm weather. They are 9weeks old now and one is a lionhead? I worry about them while I`m at work as I can`t always get back at dinner time.
Also what are other lionhead owners using for bedding and covering the newspaper in the hutch ? For eg - straw/wood shavings. I know Ihave seen this writtn else where but I am using "internet tv" and it takes forever to gofrom one pge to the next. This way I can also be sure and what brand.
Thanks.

For a lionhead if it particularly long haired i wouldnt use wood shavings. Mine is more like a very long haired rabbit and i use newspaper or blankets/vet bedding. I have a box of hay for them to dig/sit/eat in and a litter tray containing wood based cat litter.

Ok, thanks. So you are saying that the lionhead should only have newspaper onthe floor but bedding in the `bedroom` ? How does this effect your daily cleaning out or wet newspaper etc??
And when I put the lionhead and the mini lop together in the future, will it be ok for the mini lop to be without the wood shavings ??

also - there is a lionhead called Nala in the `Funny bunnies` book. Is that yours or coincidence???

Back