• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies at Redgate Animal Sanctuary, Markfeid Leicester

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
POSTER ON BEHALF OF: honeybunny

The following rabbits are currently being cared for at Redgate animal sanctuary in Markfeid Leicester. None of them are neutered or vacinated.

Rocket is an 18 month old buck. Fawn and white lop ear. He is very inquisitive and likes to be stroked but needs more handling to get used to being picked up. A very attractive rabbit.
Rocket.jpg

Stanley is a young adult brown white lop eared rabbit. Very friendly and was easy to handle when I visited him! Again a very attractive bun!!
stanley.jpg

Scooby doo...perhaps not the most suitable name for this lovely lady! She needs an experienced owner of long haired rabbits. She's quite timid and at the moment suffers from sticky bum..but perhaps due to being fed on standard rabbit mix?..a change of diet would probably cure this. Needs regular grooming. approximately 4 years old. Adele are you looking at this girlie?? :lol:
scoobydoo.jpg

The sanctuary has a large selection of bunnies looking for homes including several REW and Himy types.
If you are interested in any of these rabbits please pm me or call Jean at Redgate on 01530 243925

Redgate

No Marie it was me!! :D I've delivered some poundie dogs to them before and they are full at the moment and needed some of their long stay dogs highlighted ...which i've done on dog pages,...and I thought I'd do the bunnies while I was there!! I could have easily come home with Stanley..he's a babe!!

Scooby doo...perhaps not the most suitable name for this lovely lady! She needs an experienced owner of long haired rabbits. She's quite timid and at the moment suffers from sticky bum..but perhaps due to being fed on standard rabbit mix?..a change of diet would probably cure this. Needs regular grooming. approximately 4 years old. Adele are you looking at this girlie?? :lol:
scoobydoo.jpg

If you are interested in any of these rabbits please pm me or call Jean at Redgate on 01530 243925[/quote]

OMG Scooby Doo is beautiful and could fit in here very nicely..I will be sending a PM to Honeybunny :p :p :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

Oh right!
Some lovely bunnies there and only up the road from me!
what do you think of there set up? i wasnt very impressed :?

Redgate

Well if Redgate agree Scooby will be going to live with Adele!! quick work..now who has fallen for the other two? :lol:

Marie..they do the best they can..they rely solely on donations and never PTS unless on vets advice..if an animal cannot be re homed it stays there for life. They have some horses well over 40 years old!
They are having some building work done at the moment so the place will be a bit more updated soon. When I asked them to take some pound dogs due to be PTS they were the only rescue who didn't pick and choose ..they said " a dog is a dog, bring us the ones who need out first"
The right attitude I think.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, fast rehoming work that Jill.... :!: :!: ..I must break the news to David now whilst he is not in the mood to argue...have to take advantage of him being laid up :twisted: :twisted: :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol: ..all in a good cause though :wink: :lol: :lol:
Thanks so much for your help Jill, lets hope Scooby will be coming to the GA Sanctuary in the near future :D :D
Best wishes

Hiya jill i fully understand,just felt sorry for some buns who were squeezed into tiny hutches,and i was told they rarely get to come out by a volunter

bunnies

I agree Marie the rabbit area is in need of a bit of a face lift..
One of the reasons I am trying to help highlight some of their animals is they often take ones with behaviour problems so they are harder to re home. They then end up with their kennels full of hard to place dogs and so dont get funds from the donations for "sold " animals.
If you are near them perhaps you could pop along sometime and take some pics of other buns to highlight on here?

Scooby do

updated to say Adele IS having Scooby afterall!..Evidently David fell for the lovely bunny too!! Hurray! :D

Stanley

Laura...come on you know you want him..he's quite young and so friendly!! I'm sure Sophie would fancy him! :shock: :lol:

omg, my o/h just went (as I was reading out the above post) they are talking about stanley!!!! But he says I already have a bunny! :cry: I'm sure he will find a loving home soon and I will be very jealous of whoever gets him!!! :lol:

bunnies

Well as Adele is having Scooby that just leaves 2..strangely the two I thought would be snapped up as they are such good looking buns!
I will be visiting the sanctuary again next week and will post pics of the other long timers, but would love to have homed these 3 first! :D
someone on here must be looking for a lovely lad for their lonely girlie bunny!..(fingers crossed!)

Back