• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What an Amazing Vacation!

Last week I went on vacation to my grandparents vacation house in Northern Wisconsin for the fourth of July. I left trusting my parents would be able to handle the rabbits while I was gone, it was only 6 days. I was called half way through my vacation by my mother. The cage had mysteryously broken (but they claim it wasn't their doing). This meant that the rabbits were out and in of their cages as they pleased. Aspen was out for 48 hours while Willie moved in and out and Ashlee joined in the escaping. Aspen and Willie are bonded but Ashlee has been starting fights with them for months! I was scared out of my mind! My parents finally caught everyone and got them back in their cages. When I got home I decided to try the three of them in a run outside. The results were amazing!
Picture096.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture090.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture088.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Picture086.jpg

On monday is getting spayed and when she recovers the three of them will be bonded! That was on nice welcome home present!

Sometimes I think they just need to be left to sort it all out ;) ! They did a pretty good job of bonding themselves!

If you seperate them now though they may not go back together easily after the spay.

Caz

have you got enough space to keep them all together?

they all seem to be getting on well, it would be a shame to split them now!

sophie

I would definetly have enough cage space. I build my cages out of the new ideas cubes so I can always adjust my cage space for what I need at the moment. willie mounts the does alot when the 3 of them are together. Ashlee needs to be spayed because she is very hormonal and can get quite snippy. Sometimes she gets so bad I can't change her litter box or clean out her cage floor. I plan on letting them all run together for as long as possible every day to maximize the bonding before they are seperated for 10-14 days.

Those pictures turned out awesome!!! They are very cute together and I'm glad everything is going so well! Now I just need some help with mine :roll: :lol:

Had a Mishap yesterday. Yesterday was almost the worst day ever. I woke up at 3:00 AM and then had to play in my teams water polo tournament. Then I worked until 10:00PM. The only good thing that happened was Ashlee broke out of her cage and into willie/aspen's. They are all living together now but what do I do? HOw long until after AShlee's spay does she need to be seperated from a buck?

Back