• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

holiday care

su

New Kit
:? :? :? Please can you advise how long a rabbit could be left if i was going away. I am having huge problems trying to get a holiday home, the only alternative is a 6 hour car journey!. Please help :? [/b]

Do you mean left as on its own and nobody to come and check on it? Where abouts are you? Have you tried looking for bunny boarding

Hi. A rabbit really shouldn't be left on its own for very long, as they can develop health problems. If these aren't dealt with quickly, they can be fatal.
Hope you find some bunny boarding soon.

Where in the UK are you? Some people have posted on here before and found someone nearby who could care for their bunnies for them and paid them back by doing the same in return.

I wouldnt leave mine for more than 1 night. I have only once left early one morning and not got back til late the next night and they have been fine. Any longer than that i take them with me to my mum's or my mum has them for the weekend.

Yep might be worth you mentioning where you are as there may be someone in your area who can help out.

As mentioned here there are just too many things that can go wrong with bunnies who can have very fickle health to make it worth the risk in leaving them "home alone" for long periods.

I work during the day ( :lol: :lol: when I'm not Forum posting that is :lol: ) but during holiday periods they are always boarded. Its also important to check where they are to be boarded - i.e do they require Vaccination Certificates, What are the boarding units like - are the areas clean, do they pay attention to diet etc.

I only exception I would have for full boarding is someone to pop in twice daily on an occassion say when I'm away for just a couple of nights but even then its important to ensure the person doing this for you knows a little about bunny health.

Hope you get sorted o.k

Back