• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Lovely Freddie

donna-arc

Mama Doe
For all of you that have visited us and those of you that check out our website I have sad news. Our lovely lovely Freddie passed away this morning.

He was running around as normal yesterday (his energy always amazed me for a nine year old!). I went out for a quick check on them all this morning before work and found him collapsed.
I rang Sophie in a hysterical panic as I new I had to go to work but he needed care and I couldn't leave him. They said to take him round there, which I did.

He was very cold so they put him on heat pad. They sqeezed some water into his mouth but he really was out of it and didn't manage to swallow any. He lasted just 3 more hours.

His huge personality will be greatly missed here but I am happy that his last year or so of life was free from hurt and fear.
(I'm going cos I'm crying again now) x

aaawww sorry to hear your sad news Donna. Im sure he passed over knowing that he had been loved and had a good life with you

Oh Donna we are so sorry, we met Freddie and he was such a gorgeous bunster, had you on the hop when you wanted him to go back in bless him. Sending you lots of love and hugs at this difficult time, binky free Freddiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh, I'm sorry to hear about freddy

but at least he had a comfortable final year

but it is so sad when they finally slip away...I took me many years to get over my last little ones enough to get fifi and scatty

donna-arc said:
Thanks, as I've just said to Debbie (in a PM) he was very old, mankey and stinky but SO full of life.

Bless him, it's always the stinky ones that pull at your heart strings more, they overcome their problems by being full of personality and fun, his paw print will remain on your heart always xxxx

Freddies last year was so much better with Donna than with his previous owner, he had space to run about, other rabbits to talk to, no toddler to abuse him and kick him and more importantly lots of kindness and attention.

Binky free little freddie
Janice

So sorry to hear about Freddy and please take comfort in the fact that he was a happy bun with you.

Thinking of you....hugs

Dogs.jpg

Sorry to hear of this sad news. Sending hugs to you.
Binky free little Freddie

Hi Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about Freddie. At least he had a happy time with you.

Helen

(ps little sylvia just came up as i was typing and kissed my foot - i think that was for freddie)

That is very sad news. As I was browsing the site just the other day looking for a bunny to rescue, I saw him and thought "what a sweet little chap" but he was too old to pair with my 10-week-old bun so I had to pass him by. I'm thinking of you at this difficult time and I'm glad he had such caring people looking after him in his final days.

AMETHYST

:( *hugs* What a shiny handsome boy. He reminds me of our wonderful Jasper, although Jasper is pure white, but he's our duracell bunny, 8 years old, ever on the go, full of character, stinkiest bunny in the world and we're sure he has a flick knife hidden away in his pocket :shock:

~ Binky free wee man, take our love to the spirit buns ~

Sending hugs Donna - I'm so sorry to hear your sad news re your lovely old fella but at least he had a lovely life and and was so loved.

Binky Free Little one.

Sorry to hear about Freddie - sounds as though he had a wonderful time whislt he was with you - hang on to that thoughtxx

Back