• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Potty Training

willow

Warren Scout
I am currently training Pepper to use her litter tray. We arent having much success with her poo :lol:

They both have an area in the house which is all theirs with food and water and toys and things and she only generally poos around that area, which isnt too bad (she's only 12 weeks).

Last night i was sat with her before i went to bed and she climbed in the litter tray and had a wee :D i was so pleased and i praised her to no end. She sat for a couple of minutes taking all the praise :lol: :lol: then she got so excited that she had been good that we had a big burst of binkies.

I think they are so cute and i just wanted to tell people who understand how i feel, it is a big step for her :D :D :D :thumb: :bunny:

Thanks for listening

aaww thats a good start!! It usually takes a lot longer to get their poos to all be in the trays but it may happen eventually. My buck did his wee in his tray well after a few weeks and was good after several months with his poos after constantly putting them into his tray. Unfortunately when i got Nala(a doe) she wasnt trained for a while and he started spreading his poo a bit further from his tray. They are pretty good now doing most the stuff in the trays with a few stray ones near thier cage and unfortunatley their cage floor is usually scattered with poos and the occassional wee but i guess they are just scenting it.

Well done Pepper!!

My bunnies still poo quite a bit in the general vicinity of their litter tray, but almost never wee outside it. I guess that's the important thing! Every couple of days when we clean out the trays, we go round sweeping up all the "overspill" of poo as well! :roll:

But it is indeed a big step, so congrats and nose rubs to Pepper!

AMETHYST

Back