• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Unusual Run!!

Lorraine

Young Bun
I thought you might like to see my unusual run. It was actually my husband's idea (which I dismissed at first) and it has turned out to be very good!!
Yes, it is under a 10ft trampoline!!
IMG_0159.jpg

The rabbits do not even mind the children jumping on the trampoline, and it has solved the problem of the grass growing too fast underneath!

IMG_0161.jpg

Here is a photo of Maisie and Bramble, with Bramble in his favourite place (the sandpit!).

IMG_0165.jpg

This is Bluebell and Blackberry posing!

IMG_0174.jpg

And another one (notice they both have the same poses!).

IMG_0175.jpg

Unfortunately I can't get Maisie and Bramble to pose, as they are usually too busy eating!!

Yes, they all have great fun, and I have even seen Bluebell go mad and leap about (I don't think she thinks it is a very ladylike thing to do)!!

they all look very happy. i am pleased to see that the 2 boys have settled in nicely, and feel right at home with their girl friends! :D

sophie

i am pleased to see that the 2 boys have settled in nicely, and feel right at home with their girl friends!

sophie

I have had a few problems with my escapees though (Maisie and Bramble, of course)!! Bramble has even been on the front drive but my neighbours shooed him back, and thankfully he is easy to catch.
They are all much happier with loads of space, and I have now ordered some more panels so that I can have 2 big runs (no room for 2 trampolines though!).

i bet they are pleased they have come with you not only have they both got a friend each they are being spoilt rotten, having new runs brought for them! :D

sophie

I am hoping that if they have a nice big run, then Maisie will be less inclined to dig big holes!! Any tips for hiding holes in grass from husband??!! I can't put loads of plant pots all over the lawn to try to cover up the holes!!! :lol:

Try big storage crates filled with soil then they might dig those instead. Move them around regularly though or the grass will die underneath.

The run looks great!

Tam

It is so nice to see them all happy together, particuarly when Maisie and Bramble took so long to descide that they really did like each other. It makes it all worthwhile :D

Janice

Jeremy wrote:

What a beautiful photo.

Is it Bluebell or Blackberry with the white nose? Whichever it is he is absolutely gorgeous.

The rabbits in the photo are actually Maisie and Bramble. Bramble is in the litter tray and Maisie is lying down outside.

Good idea Tamsin, using storage crates filled with soil. I will test them soon (need to keep hubby happy!).

What a brainwave :idea: ..that is such a fantastic idea, and gives the bunnies shade too in the warm weather :thumb:
Beautiful bunnies by the way :wink: :D
Best wishes
Adele

Thanks Adele!
Actually it was my husband's idea (although don't tell him he occassionally has good ideas!). The only time it it has a drawback is when I have to try and catch them if they are being naughty! I then end up crawling around!! :lol: :lol:

Luckily most of the time they are very good and just hop into their carriers (except Maisie, who I have to crawl after).

What a fantastic idea! <THINKS "Will have to wait for grandkids now to get a trampoline">! :wink:

I envy you living in the New Forest - we go there a lot, its my fave place in the world :D

Back