• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice

sarahnoble

New Kit
Hi all!

My rabbit elvis is 5 months old and he has just been neutered last week. The reason i did this (besides obvious health issues!) was so he could be paired with another rabbit. He is a dwarf lop and I am starting to think about what the best breed to pair him with is? I was going to get a mini lop but was wondering if anyone had any experience of this breed and whether she would be too small to pair with a dwarf lop? What are their temprements like?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
:D
Sarah & Elvis x

From your bunnies point of view it doesnt matter what breed of rabbit you get for him. Mini lops are usually a friendly breed, more so than dwarf lops. Unless you get a spayed female you will need to leave it 4 weeks after his op before introducing another as he will still be fertile.

Cheryl

Nope my Zeus is a giant and bonded with a dwarf lop, he never hurt her when he mounted her and she soon put him in his place ;) !

Caz

That shouldnt be a problem atall. Many of us have different sized bunnies living happily together. I have a huge rex female living with a small dutch and 2 small lionheads and it works very well.

Are you going to get the female from a rescue?

Cheryl

yes i was planning to get a rescue buny and have been looking round on the net and been in contact with a few round leeds! Ive had elvis since he was a baby as my friends rabbit had an unexpected litter!! Ive never had 2 rabbits before though so im a bit new to it all!! I'm just givin him a couple of weeks to get over his op first though! :) Not too sure if he's forgiven me yet!! Hehe x

i am sure he will definitely forgive you when he has another best friend!
i dont think it matters what breed you go for, as long as she is the right match for him!

good luck finding a nice girl friend for him!

sophie

My bunny Miles is a dwarf lop, and Miffy is a mini lop. They are the closet bonded pair I have ever seen! They are inseperable. Size has never been an issue, and there isn't much difference anyway.

Good luck!

AMETHYST

help

HI...I have a bonded pair consisting of dusky who is a rather large french lop X & rolo who is a dutch X she is much bigger than him but they adore each other so I guess when it comes to love size really dosn,t matter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back