PDA

View Full Version : Advice

sarahnoble
01-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Hi all!

My rabbit elvis is 5 months old and he has just been neutered last week. The reason i did this (besides obvious health issues!) was so he could be paired with another rabbit. He is a dwarf lop and I am starting to think about what the best breed to pair him with is? I was going to get a mini lop but was wondering if anyone had any experience of this breed and whether she would be too small to pair with a dwarf lop? What are their temprements like?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
:D
Sarah & Elvis x

sgprescue
01-07-2005, 08:54 PM
From your bunnies point of view it doesnt matter what breed of rabbit you get for him. Mini lops are usually a friendly breed, more so than dwarf lops. Unless you get a spayed female you will need to leave it 4 weeks after his op before introducing another as he will still be fertile.

Cheryl

sarahnoble
01-07-2005, 08:58 PM
so you don't think that he will hurt her as he will be slightly bigger?

Caz
01-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Nope my Zeus is a giant and bonded with a dwarf lop, he never hurt her when he mounted her and she soon put him in his place ;) !

Caz

sgprescue
01-07-2005, 09:18 PM
That shouldnt be a problem atall. Many of us have different sized bunnies living happily together. I have a huge rex female living with a small dutch and 2 small lionheads and it works very well.

Are you going to get the female from a rescue?

Cheryl

sarahnoble
01-07-2005, 09:39 PM
yes i was planning to get a rescue buny and have been looking round on the net and been in contact with a few round leeds! Ive had elvis since he was a baby as my friends rabbit had an unexpected litter!! Ive never had 2 rabbits before though so im a bit new to it all!! I'm just givin him a couple of weeks to get over his op first though! :) Not too sure if he's forgiven me yet!! Hehe x

sophiemarmion
01-07-2005, 09:48 PM
i am sure he will definitely forgive you when he has another best friend!
i dont think it matters what breed you go for, as long as she is the right match for him!

good luck finding a nice girl friend for him!

sophie

Amethyst
08-07-2005, 04:40 PM
My bunny Miles is a dwarf lop, and Miffy is a mini lop. They are the closet bonded pair I have ever seen! They are inseperable. Size has never been an issue, and there isn't much difference anyway.

Good luck!

AMETHYST

rabshan
17-07-2005, 09:38 PM
HI...I have a bonded pair consisting of dusky who is a rather large french lop X & rolo who is a dutch X she is much bigger than him but they adore each other so I guess when it comes to love size really dosn,t matter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: