• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent help after catsration

neet

Young Bun
I wonder if anyone is online as i need a question answered quickly, How long after a male bein castrated can i put him in with a spayed female, i just dont want him to rip his stiches open or something if hes put with her, but like caz's , my harry is tryin to scale , must be 3 foot of hutch to get to flopsy, and the only other hutch ive got for him is a small pet shop one and i hate keeping him in that. if someone could help me out with some advice it would be great
thanx in advance
nita

Hi,

If they are a bonded pair I would not have kept them apart as long as she is spayed there will be no chance of a litter and see no reason to seperate them as far as I can think.

I have always put mine back together after, as I think it is more stressful for them to be kept apart. Just make sure you give him regular check ups to make sure all is well below and if he is that lively he sound ok to me.

He may well pull out his stitches wether he is with her or not, it does happen sometimes, although it has never happened to me.

I'm sure he will be fine

Maureen

As long as she is amicable towards him I would put them together as it may do more harm than good seperating a bonded pair. If she has ever shown aggression I would wait for him to heal a bit as if he mounts her head she may bite him where it hurts!

My Violet was very friendly towards him before his op and even though they weren't bonded she was very good to him after he scaled the pen wall so I left them together and they bonded immediately.

Caz

castration

Hi...your bun can remain fertile up to 3 weeks after castration so I would keep them apart if you don,t want to risk an unwanted litter. I have had this happen to me so I know that its true.

castration.

OOPPSS sorry didn,t read the whole post... thats only is your girl is not spayed..if she is then I wouldn,t keep them apart.

They are not completely bonded, they have been introduced twice then their runs were next to each other and they were affectionate thru the bars, lickin noses. on the sunday before the op they were in the same run for about an hr and everytime harry went to mount flopsy she just dived under the hutch which seemed to suit them fine.

Hi, when Bobby was done, his friend was Patch (sadly now at the Bridge) and she was spayed. I just brought them both into a smaller enclosure in the garage, so Bobby didn't damage himself. He would have been very depressed without his Patch.

Back