• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scuffling bunnies!!!!

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
I can't leave my back turned for a second with Skye around :shock: :shock: :shock:

Joey was out in the living room and Skye was in her cage, since there are not bonded they get turns about to run round the living room. I had filled up their hay racks and left the top of Skye's cage open till I went to the kitchen to get some veg. I didn't even think about it I just left it open.

Next thing I know there was banging and scuffling noises coming from the living room! :shock: :shock:

I ran through and they were fighting in the middle of the living room and there was fur everywhere! I picked up Skye and locked her back in her cage.
I can't believe the amount of fur which was pulled!

I think it was only fur pulling but they did look quite vicious. It'll be a while before I even think about restarting the bonding process now! It's not looking very promising at the moment and it makes me sad. :(

aww Julie, dont worry, she will still have hormones raging still, and probs still grumpy after her op, dont lose heart xx

I was scared incase the scuffle would have upset her stitches but we had an appointment with the vet tonight to get them taken out and all was well.

Think if I do try to bond them in the future I'll take them to my mum and dads and try them in a pen in the garden or something, it'll be very strange for both of them and hopefully that will help. (even though they fought on neutral territory last time.

Back