• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

can any one be of help!!

bunnyhug

New Kit
ive now got my bunny lily may and she is quite naugty but cute i want to litter train her so that cleaning her cage is easier and she can come into the house can anyone help with an easy way to train her?? i wanna train her while she is still young.
thanks for any help or advice :p

I just watched where mine went and then put a litter tray there. eventually i started to move it to where i wanted to put it and she went it in where ever i put her. If your gonna have her in the house then i would have a few litter trays. and be prepared for some accidents. My others just learnt from my first rabbit. They are very quick at picking it up. Good luck :D :D :) :)

Yep same as willow said, best to use a few litter boxes and watch which ones get used. Louis came to us litter trained so that was ok, but since having him near Petey, he has now started to use his litter tray too :D Petey used to be a reall messy bun, and though now not perfect we have more hits than misses :D So he has just copied Louis.........Just wish Twinkle & Jess would copy too :evil:

Forgot to mention.............how old is your bunny? Rabbits take to litter training easier once they are neutered, Petey is being done in next few weeks and I cant wait for Jess to reach 6 months old so she can be done, she really is the messiest of all of them!!!

I've just watched where my bunnies like to go and put a tray there. I have 3 in the lounge, 1 in the kitchen and 2 in my bedroom. Splodge was litter trained from 7 weeks, I didn't have to do anything! They still leave little marbles around the house which are easy to clean up, but all the wee goes in the tray! :D

hi

Like Debs said - if she's not spayed yet don't expect too much as she will want to mark her territory with toileting there.

If you put some sheets of newspaper in the bottom of a big box (I use underbed and storage type boxes, but a high sided (or the wee goes over the edge when they back up to a corner) cat litter tray would be OK - depends how big she is really) and on top of the paper put paper based cat litter, or megazorb or carefresh - then at one end of the litter box put some nice-smelling, greenish, long-stranded hay (if you can find it - open bags to check!)...she will be more likely to poop there if she sits there munching anyway - it's a bunny thing :roll:

If she's confined to a smallish space at first with this box, or 2 or 3 of them preferably in the corners - she will be more likely to use it than if she has a huge room full of all sorts of distractions to explore - so maybe try her in a pen at first, with an old sheet or duvet cover over the carpet.

Back