• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concrete or grass???

Caits

Young Bun
Harvey currently has i tiny run and it is on grass... it is not attached to his run and i have to put him out there everyday. This weekend he is getting a lovely new big run which is attached to his hutch, it is very big and he will be able to scamper around and have more room to play

The only downside being, he is not on grass he is on paving slabs, i will put some cut grass in there bit will it matter that hes not on growing grass.

My bunnies are on paving slabs, and they're fine. I do give them grass and this seems to be fine for them. At least it keeps their nails down! They do have a bark chipping pit at one end to dig in as well. You could always plant some grass seeds in a tray for him to nibble on.

I think it's much nicer for bunnies to be able to go in and out of their hutches as they choose, rather than be put in a run where they have to stay.
It is nice for them to have access to grass but better to have more space and choice as your new plan (I think).
You could grow trays of grass to put into the run for him to nibble.

having it on paving slabs will make it much easier for you to clean out!
also he wont be able to dig out, you know if you leave him out running that is where he will be when you return!

sophie

sophiemarmion said:
having it on paving slabs will make it much easier for you to clean out!
also he wont be able to dig out, you know if you leave him out running that is where he will be when you return!

sophie
and nothing will be able to dig in!!! We had a problem with rats.

I have some of mine in outside runs with a few concrete paths and paving slabs and others in big kennels that are all concrete! i prefer the kennels as there easier to clean!!! I give the buns in the kennels grass and loads of toys (well they all get toys) but the ones in the kennels are def easier to look after!

Nice new run thanks to her big sis...me.... started the construction last weekend so all the panels are done just got to put the mesh on.....just hope I can get all the panels in the car to take to surrey......and that it fits onto the hutch correctly.

:D

My buns used to be on grass and hardly ever bothered to eat it. With last years awful wet summer the grass ended up looking like a mud bath so they are now on slabs. We make sure we pick them good handfuls of grass daily and they eat it if we pick it for them (spoilt bunnies comes to mind)

Back