• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New baby bunny

Mad_cat_rabbit

Warren Scout
Misty the school rabbit has recently given birth to a single bunny.
We knew she was pregnant so we put her in a hutch on her own and gave her lots of bedding/ nesting material. She made an absolutely fabulous nest, so good we couldn't see any babies until today (we checked every day). Then when we looked we found this:

04a190d1.jpg

We estimate that its about 11 to 14 days old, its little eyes are just about open. Its mum is grey, black and white (sort of a weird mish mash), will take a photo soon as she stops hiding in her box, Dad (Patch) was a fawn and white lop (since been rehomed). It looks to be grey from top to toe at the moment.
Anyone any name suggestions? Must be a neutral name to suit either sex.

The others on the farm are called: Shadow, Ben (the albino), Hazel(nut), Chocolate.

aaawww what a cutie!!!
how about smokey or charlie or pebbles or silver or hmmmm i'll keep thinking. What will happen to the baby? will it be rehomed or stay at your school?

it would be nice if the baby could stay with the mum if she only had one baby. i always think it is such a shame for the mum to have to leave her babies when she has been with them and taught them everything they have learnt in the last 8 weeks.

sophie

The kids who help on the farm have decided to name it Sparkle.

We are going to wait to see what sex it is first before we decide. Mum, Misty is already bonded with her sister Hazelnut (who is missing her like crazy). If it turns out we can't leave them together then I will take it home with me.

Sparkle had a little mooch around the hutch, it nearly gave the kid who was cleaning the hutch a heart attack. We wanted to keep it a secret for as long as possible, but Sparkle decided otherwise :lol: :lol: .

Back