• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how could people...

sophiemarmion

Alpha Buck
leave there bunnies in such a state?

i really dont understand some people. donna got 2 lop boys in on thursday and have come in in a real mess. both of the boys, olly and bernard had been living in tiny hutches where they got stand up or stretch out and they both had a pooey bottom.

i dont know if you can see this picture of ollys teeth, poor boy they are disgusting, growing out of his mouth. it is a bit blurred but you can see how bad they are. i also took some pictures of their very long nails, but they have come out very blurred, so havent added a link for them.

you will be pleased to know that they are both booked to be neutered so they can be paired up with friends and olly is having his front teeth taken out soon.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/sophiemarmion/DonnasBoyBuns010.jpg

there will be pictures of them on our website shortly!

sophie

oh my god!!! thankfully they got to somebody who will care for them much better than what their owners did!!!! some people have no morals when it comes to pets

poor bunny, its so frustrating when people dont look after their pets properly. Im glad they are both with you know and getting sorted out bless them

Aww their gorgeous :D Poor little guys. Donna told me about these guys last week when we picked up Louis.

And to think we are supposed to be a nation of animal lovers :(

How could some people be so cruel

Well done to the person who rescued them and gave them over to Donna :D

People are so cruel, glad the bunnies are now somewhere they'll be looked after.
Squidgy arrived with mo with teeth like that. His owners moved house and just left him behind in the garden :shock: :shock: :shock: . Fortunately my friend lived next door, rescued him and brought hime to us. Poor boy couldn't even eat grass, as he couldn't use his teeth. :cry:
Needless to say he's very spoilt now, but how people can do it, I just dont know.

It breaks my heart to see the animal cruelty that goes on. Why do people get animals if they're not able to look after them Grrrr.

i just dont understand people either. i wish these boys the best of luck for their ops tomorrow and hope they find lovely forever homes.

It's heartbreaking for these poor buns and for lovers of animals like ourselves :( I'm so glad that they have been rescued and I truly hope that they have a long and happy life now :D

Our Oscar came to us (from a rescue that we had to rescue buns from :shock: ) - his bottom front teeth where growing up his nose and his top front teeth had started to grow into the soft pallet in his mouth :cry: It was awful and on top of all that, he had abscesses in his groin - 20+ buns we had to rescue from there - all in terrible conditions. This world makes me despair :(

the boys have gone into have there ops today and our vet was shocked at how bad ollys teeth really were- poor boy at least he is out of discomfort and can look forward to finding a nice new forever home.

good news for bernard he has found himself a home! :D

sophie

That's really good that one has got a home. Isnt it horrible when they are mistreated. My male lop Orio came from a bad home - his previous owners put him in a hutchand forgot about him. He nearly starved to death and he was covered in muck. They decided they didnt want him anymore ( probably wasnt being entertaining enough cos he was so weak) and took him into the local pet shop. I went in to get some food my my other bunny and saw him. I immediately fell in love with him and took him home. Now he is big and healthy and very naughty and i wouldnt have him any other way.

everyone will be pleased to know that bernard is going off to his new forever home on saturday, where he will be living with his new friend honey bunny.

olly is still waiting for his forever home.

sophie

Back