• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clarrissas at the vets *update*

haffyj

Mama Doe
:( My poor girl, over the last couple of days last week when i was off, she has had trouble breathing i thought it could be something to do with the hot weather we were having she has had iced water bootles in her hutch (which is also in the shade) Rex seemed to be fine (He also had the iced water bottles in his hutch) but she didn't seem much better, she also wasn't eating and not moving around much when she did come out she just layed down under the rabbit hutches and slept!!!

We took a trip to the vets last friday after i didn't see any improvement and he said he didn't think it was to do with weather as much as i thought but to keep her cool if she didn't get any better bring her straight back,

Well she did well over the weekend and i did see an improvement but when i got home she was in a right state she really couldn't move and her breathing was so bad so we rushed her back to the vet and he had a look and thought there must be something blocking her wind pipe when they done some tests there was in fact a lump about the size of a couple of peas i think just near her wind pipe which was indeed blocking her and the poor mo couldn't breathe properly :(

So they have kept her to see how she gets on because she wasn't eating very much she is very weak hopefully they can operate to remove them i have rang to see how she is but there still isn't any improvement so far she won't drink nor eat. i am going to keep ringing to check on her :cry:

please pray for her.

arh mate hope there is some improvement soon and they can remove the lump soon! poor clarrissa! so they know what the lump is?

sending healing vibes to poor clarrisa

Eve x

They are going to do some tests on it hopefully its not cancer (God forbid!!) has anybody else had something like this happen to any of their guineas?

Sorry to hear your news, I have never had any piggies who have had a problem similiar to this, hopefully you very shortly will know what the problem is.

We are thinking of you

Janice

I have just spoken to the vet and he doesn't seem to hopeful, he said he could remove the lump but she is still very very weak, do i put her under so she can have the lump removed or leave it till she is stronger? i really don't want to lose her but there is a risk i will lose her either way!!!!

I really don't know what to do

Oh Dear this is such an awful decision to make and at the end of the day only you being your bunnies mum can decide and I'm sure your Vet will talk to you regarding the long term prognosis for your girl with or without surgery.

Sending snuggles to your girl and thinking of you.

well my mom's guinea isnt very well at the mo. she has a lump b her windpipe and the ve said she had cancer, but 4 mptnhs on she is still going strong. It hasnt put her off her food. So anyway she still has this lump so mom took her back again last week. they said it is a tumour but cant be cancerous but due to the place it is they cant operate as she wouldnt pull through. it is your decision as your guinea isnt eating whereas mom's guinea didnt stop eating or drinking so you know what is best for your girl, good luck mate xxxxxxxx

Oh I'm so sorry I got your little wiggie mixed up with a Bunny - but the message is the same I really do hope she wil be o.k.

Sending a cuddle :wink:

Hi everybody

Clarrissa came home last night, we all thought it was best to wait and see if she will start eating again before making any decisions on operating. She had an anit-botic jab and is breathing alot better now and is drinking as long as she doesn't get to excited and knackers herself out she will hopefully be ok

Just have to get her eating.

Back