• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Toe lump - sorted :D

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Hi all,

I have found a little lump on Evo's toe. I noticed it when trimming his nails.

It is at the base of one of his claws, pale pink, hardish and hairless, but hidden by hair. I am thinking that it may just be a callous of some description, as it has a little bit of white crusty skin on top, and certainly isn't causing any pain. He will let me examine it, but I can't get a clear piccie. It might have been there fore ages, I'm not sure.

I'm terrifired it's an absess, but I don't know what one looks like really. Anyone got any pics of abcesses? :?

Shall I make a vet's appointment or wait and see how it goes? I've got my driving test tommorrow, so I'm all worried about that too. :(

Thanks,
Laura

I would have the vet atke a look it may be nothing but like all bunny mummy's we do worry and perhaps a trip to the vet will put your mind at rest and take your thoughts away from driving tests!! Good Luck for tommorow XX

I tried the vet, but they have no appointments for tonight. I'll try & get an appointment for tommorrow night though. :( Any ideas of what it could be in the meantime, would be much appreciated.

Are you certain he doesn't have one on every toe? Abit like the pads on a cats foot?

It could be a little abcess but I'd think more likely just a callous. Abcesses look like lumps, usually will a scab/entry wound but not always, they can be hard or soft.

Tam

Tamsin, you might be right...just had a little feel of his foot - haven't been able to look yet, I'll get o/h to help me with that later. I do have an appointment for tommorrow, but I can always cancel it.

As for the driving, the vet is only a 5 minute walk from here, it would be silly to drive.....although I might anyway if I pass. :oops:

Hi

Ron had something similar, except it was cauing him pain and when you looked at his paw you could see it through the fur. After about a months worth of medication including cream, the vet came to the conclusion that he had a slight skin allergy.

He has to have soft bedding from now one. The vet is not sure what caused it.

Thanks.

My test was at 9.37 this morning. I passed! :D It's so nice not to have to worry about taxis / lifts to take Evo to the vets. That is one of the reasons I wanted to pass. :oops:

hiya Laura, many Congratulations on passing your driving test :D :D :D
Snuggles to Evo from us all here at the Sanctuary.
Best wishes
Adele

Well done passing your test. It's a great feeling isunt it.

I remember passing mine and spending the rest of the day trying to convince my dad to lend me his car (a 2 litre Vectra). Needless to say he didn't let me, its just aswell coz I would have probably wrecked his car!!!

Congratulations to you though, x

Thanks!!!! :D I keep forgetting, then remembering, and getting all smiley again! :D
And yes, Evo now has his own chauffeur service.

I've hijacked my own thread, haven't I??? :no:

Rallybunny said:
Thanks!!!! :D I keep forgetting, then remembering, and getting all smiley again! :D
And yes, Evo now has his own chauffeur service.

I've hijacked my own thread, haven't I??? :no:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back