• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Squidgy's stopped pooing!

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Oh dear, just when it was all going so well and I thought we'd got his diet sorted, Squidgy has gone off his food this afternoon and hasn't pooed for a while. He spent a week in bunny hospital about two years ago while they sorted his tummy out - stasis - and it happens periodically, but he's usually back to normal after a bit of tlc.
He's had some pineapple juice - very willing - and a few basil leaves soaked in water. I'm going to try him with some pellets in water in a minute. He's also done a huge wee (all over his freshly washed vet bed :roll: ). He's still busy grooming himself though, so I hope I'm just being a worrypot bunny mum.
They are a worry aren't they? I'll let you know how he's doing.

Well you've been through it all before by the sounds of it so i'm sure your doing all the right things. Give his tum a wee rub and hopefully you'll have poo's very soon.

They're are babies so its natural to worry, all part of bunny parenthood!!!

It's funny, but you advise other people what to do on here, then when it happens to you, you completely forget!! I've just had to double check a few things. Weird!!
He is our little boy. We don't have children and we both work at home a lot of the time, so he is the centre of our household!

you have done everything id have done by sounds of it. If you have some infacol u could always give him 2mls of that in case he has trapped wind. Massaging his tummy is a good idea too.
Hope he does a nice big pile of poops for you real soon.

Well, he's just eaten some greens, so he must be feeling better. Just need them to pass through the system........ :shock:

hi

I think (hope!) he'll be fine now you've tempted his appetite - his gut hasn't shut down after all - my 2 seem to have days when they do tons of poops, and days when they do less, even though their diet's the same - I think it depends on how much exercise they get and they've been lazy with all this hot weather - they were so happy when it rained yesterday!
Hope Squidgy gives you lots to shovel up soon :)

Back