• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Romeos op is tomorrow!!!!!!

charlies mum

Warren Scout
My little boy is going in for his boy operation tomorrow!!!!! I'm at work till 8 so the other half has to pick him up so I feel really guilty that I wont be there.

Fingers crossed.

Fingers and paws crossed for Romeo - sending lots of positive and healing vibes to him and calming ones to you - let us know as soon as you have news - we'll all be on pins waiting.

don't worry everything will go fine, i felt guilty when i had smokey done he even gave me a dirty look when he came out which didn't help. i let him stay inside the house for a couple of weeks afterwards to keep an eye on him but it went fine

good luck romeo!!!

Thanks guys, well he came home today which is a good sign. When my boyf picked him up he said he had to take the lid off the pet carrier to pick him up and put him in his cage and there he stayed in the same position for hours!!!!!!!! bless him. Hes now sat in his litter tray sulking with a piece of hay he started to eat but couldn't be bothered to finish still hanging out of his mouth.

Check up on friday!!! i'm sure it'll all be fine.

Glad you've got him home. That sounds exactly like Joey when he had been done, I had to keep going up to make sure he was still breathing cause he was just lying there. Has he been drinking/pooing? I wasn't happy until I had saw them too.

This morning I have a whole pile of little poo's and he's munching on some greens as we speak. He's still not my biggest fan though :(

aaawwww I am so pleased to hear that Romeo is alright after his operation, and I am sure he forgives you :wink: ...you dont have anything to feel bad about, and your precious boy is home and well, bless him.
please give Romeo a cuddle from me
Best wishes Adele

Yeah my little man is all done now. I got him a few weeks ago and paired him with my little girl (well she's a hermaphrodite....sp?) and they've been getting on fab appart from his tendancy to get too friendly!!!!

I've put them back together again today and their still getting on well, hes still a randy little boy though. Youwould think it was the last thing on his mind!!! :wink:

Back