• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

i could have a big problem

mollyhop

New Kit
hey guys

As you know i have a gorgeous baby rabbit whos just 8 weeks old who was brought from a pet shop cos she was very shy and timid and I thought with patience and attention i can bring her out of her shell. Well she has settled down really well and doesnt struggle half as much now when i pick her up. :D and iv really bonded with her :D

Only today i decided to do a routine check and checked the bum (as you do) and when i checked the back end i think i discovered a boy bit!! im not too sure so iv booked an app with the vet this afternoon. What im worried about is that iv already got a 1 yr old male, and after 5/6 months i was hoping to pair them. But i know that two boys put together is unllikely to work. If she does turn out to be a he i really don't know what im going to do and need advice really for the next step.

Im just praying its a girl at the moment!

Thanks x

best to get the bun check by a vet! the next step if she turns out to be a boy if nothing what can you do, other than try the pair and see if they like each other but make sure they are both neutered and have been done for at least 6 weeks if not longer to get rid of any hormones! other than that make sure you get girls next time and get them one each!

eve x

unfortunately i wouldnt be able to keep anymore than 2 rabbits, I will update you all on the outcome.........!

Back