• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor old Santa!

sophiemarmion

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone,

thought i would post something about a one of my foster buns Santa has he has been through so much and is still such a nice boy.

Santa came into the care of ARC in December 2004 with 4 other bunnies because the womans rabbits who they were was murdered by her husband and the bunnies had no one to look after them. Santa came in with an ulcer on his eyelid which we were trying to treat but it didnt work, and after having an operation to stitch down his third eyelid we eventually decided that the best thing to do was to remove the eye which was done just before christmas. i am still looking after Santa now, he is having one injection in the morning and one in the evening and banana flavour medicine (which he does actually like!), as well as painkiller. Last Friday Santa had one last op to give him a real good checking over and to try and get rid of the bacteria that was causing him to have this infection in his eye. It turns out that the pus that was coming from his eye was caused by an abcess that was at the back of his mouth. This has now been removed and fingers crossed this all this pain that he has been through will come to an end.

He is living inside will me at the moment, but once he has recovered to full health he will be looking for an extra special home, but for now we are just hoping he will get over the discomfort he has had to put up with.

Poor thing he doesnt even have a tail! Its amazing how attached you do become to them, especially when they have had such a rotten start.

her are some piccies....
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/sophiemarmion/Santa003.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/sophiemarmion/Santa006.jpg

sorry for writing so much, just wanted everyone to know what a good boy he has been for putting up with it all!

He is a truely gorgeous bunny boy. I met him the other night when I picked up little Timmy. He is so soft and cuddly :D and such a good boy to have put up with all his problems and Sophie has been doing such a great job with him.

I hope someone will fall in love with him and give him a caring special home once he is all better.

Good luck Sophie & Santa Sending you big healing hugs little man :love:

Its such an awful story in one way but so lovely in another. He's so lucky to have got through all of this, and so lucky to have you looking after him through it all. I really hope he finds a forever home where people will love him forever and theres no more pain for the little fella. Good luck Santa. :)

What Sophie didn't mention - and I really admire her for doing - is that she has to clean the pus from Santa's eye socket with a cotton bud! I, for one, know that I couldn't do that.

im just hoping that all is going to be ok for him. his stitches are coming out on monday, so lets have everyones fingers crossed for him- please! :D

sophie

He looks like Bandit :D He's gorgeous - hope that everything goes alright on Monday - will be thinking of him and waiting with baited breath to hear the news.
Give him a big snuggle from me and tell him that if he would like to, he can come and live here at Ebony-Eyes - I know it's a long way away but he's very welcome and would be spoilt rotten by us :D

thank you jaypot, that is very kind of you, i know he would be spoilt with you and that you would take good care of him but i havent quite decided what i am going to do with him. to tell you the truth i have become really attached to him, and would like him to stay here if poss. i dont to speak too soon, but he went back to have his stitches out today and everything seems ok, but we have to wait and see.

sophie

sophiemarmion said:
i dont to speak too soon, but he went back to have his stitches out today and everything seems ok, but we have to wait and see.

sophie

Aww, well done Santa :D

Hope all stays well for the lil man! xxx

WOW what a difference :D Poor little guy to have been through such an ordeal, but what a strong character he must have to ahve pulled through it all. He really deserves and extra special home (if you decide not to keep him Sophie).

Has he had the all clear from the vet yet or are you still cleaning the socket :|

All the bunnies here send him a big snuggle and wish him well soon :D

i dont have to clean it anymore as the eye is closed up.

we just have to make sure that his teeth are ok now.

he is still on his 2 injections ans septrin medicine, hopefully he will be better very soon!

sophie

Back