• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how to keep them cool with freezers bottles!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
for all those people whom use frozen water bottles to keep the bunnies cool, do you throw them away and refreeze new ones and if not what do you use to clean the refilled ones so you can put them back in your freezer?

eve x

I just wipe them down with a cloth and chuck them back in the freezer :) They only ever have hair/dirt on them as my buns are clean and litter trained!! It's my Mum's older freezer anyway, bread/meat freezer!

Nicola

When my AC broke I just kept refreezing the bottles. My bunnies are pretty good about their litter boxes so they didn't have a mess on them!

Yeah, we wash or wipe down the outside and re-freeze them. I went home yesterday and found Dudley lying alongside one of the bottles like a little friend :lol:

i only use frozen water bottles for the outside buns, some are well litter trained but some not :shock: so i was not sure with even just washing that it would be ok to wash them and put them back in the freezer! is that hygienic considering i dont have a spare freezer and they would be going in with my food!?

eve x

well technically it's not really hygenic...but your food is covered probably. I just wash my bottle with hot soapy water. and chuck it in there. If you're that worried you could put it inside a carrier bag first?

Back