• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:( Gir

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Posted on behalf of: FlipFlop

This is a really hard post to write, and I've got tears in my eyes as I thought it would never come to this. My ex boyfriend who currently has Gir feels like he can no longer put up with him. I'm not in a postition to be able to take him for months, and I don't know if even then because of finanicial situations.

Gir's become too much for my ex to cope with, as he's recently got his boy bits and is becoming very naughty and destructive. My ex feels that he's become too much for him too handle now but he feels that the main reason is he doesn't like the fact that Gir is shut in his cage in the flat for most of the day as he isn't a free range house bunny. He also can't afford to get him neutered at the moment.

Most of you know what Gir looks little and his dear little persoality and we both wish that it didn't have to turn out this way, but it has and we feel this is the best option. Gir's currently a house bunny and if possible we'd like for him to stay that way. We're not really keen on him going to a rescue as we'd like to see him settled into someone else's loving home. He's had one myxi jab and that's all. If it is possible my ex or myself would like to see where Gir is going first and check it out, etc.

I think that's about it, I'm going to be offline for a while because of personal reasons, but I should be able to come and check my pm's and things. If anyone's seriously interested or feels they can offer Gir a loving home, then I will pass your details or to my ex or vice versa. He's told me it's ok to put his email address on here, if you want to contact him james.gsp@ntlworld.com Ideally we would like for him to have a home close by, but I don't know how realistic that will be. Thanks for reading.

babywithtoys1ae.jpg

Here he is. Would it not be possible to put a bit of money aside each week to get him neutered?

At Petherton Veterinary Surgery Cardiff 029 2036 1767 they will do your castration for £42.01 all inc. Is there no way you could afford that it, if you spit it with your ex boyf it would only be £21 each?

Aw, he is gorgeous. I'm sorry your circumstances aren't allowing you to keep him, Im sure you are very upset. Good luck in rehoming him xx

Sorry you cant keep him he looks a lovely bun. One thing you didnt write is where abouts you are, as you staed you wanted him to stay local.

flipflop is in Cardiff, Wales

Im so sorry to hear you are having to rehome Gir.. he really is adorable. Of course i would love to have him but right now i cant really have another rabbit :( I hope you find him a lovely home soon.

Aww i love Gir!!!!!! I told Laura that lil Gir could come stay with his autie Phill but i think it's a bit far for him to come XX

Laura i really hope you find someone very deserving to look after lil Gir XXXXX

Tamsin,

He is absolutley gorgeous!! I would snatch your hands off for him!!!!

It's just I live in North East England - very far from you by the sounds of it!!

I'm not really having much luck trying to find a new friend for lilly - I've just taken in a rescue bunny for Lilly and she hates him, so I think I may have to take him back and try her with something else.

Something like little Gir would be perfect. He is gorgeous!!

im so sorry to hear that you have to give up your little bunny :cry:

im not far away from Cardiff, im back and fall there all the time. But i already have 5 bunnies atm and they have all taken over my house :lol: i have recently taken in a new doe and shes is a real character, shes currently upstairs running about the place :roll:

if you have no joy rehoming Gir i will try to ask around when im on my travels to see if anyone wants a bunny. The best of luck :wink:

I'll have him!!!!!

Really hes gorgeous!!

My only problem!! Cardiff - long way from me! and also what if I got him and they didn't get on??? I'm having a nightmare with these two at the moment I'm taking him to get re rehomed again on friday!!

Help someone!!

Vianne said:
I'll have him!!!!!

Really hes gorgeous!!

My only problem!! Cardiff - long way from me! and also what if I got him and they didn't get on??? I'm having a nightmare with these two at the moment I'm taking him to get re rehomed again on friday!!

Help someone!!

Have you tried pming Flip Flop??!!!!

FlipFlop said:
Hey no offence, but do you think me and/or my ex could be consulted before you rehome our bunny :shock:

Oh my God sod you then, I was going to offer with a bunny run to help move him for you, you know where you can stick that. I'd also spent an hour the other day to find somewhere in Cardiff that would neuter him cheaply for you. While I'm at it you should of thought more carefully before buying him in the first place to be re-homing him three months down the line :evil:

If that's what your opinon is of people trying to help then you don't deserve any!

At any point in time you could have come onto this thread YOUR THREAD and discussed rehoming him with the people on here who have offered, but no you choose to have the thread put on then moan when people have cared enough to respond.

I'm sorry that you feel like that, but that's not the way I meant it!

I didn't mean to offend anyone hence, the no offence comment. I haven't been posting on this thread, as like I put in the post I wasn't going to be online for personal reasons very much only checking emails or pms, etc so I put my ex's email up so people could email him.

I'm grateful to you for finding out about the Cardiff vets, etc and I'm sorry that I couldn't post to tell you that. It jsut felt like when I logged in that everyone had decided Gir was going there without pming me or emailing my ex.

And for the record, 3 months ago I didn't think I'd be broken up with my boyfriend who I lived with for a year, unable to support myself let alone a rabbit and living back with my mother, who can just about support me, her and her animals, and not wanting to bring my rabbit here because she has a dog. This month has been hard enough for me without having to find a new home for my rabbit who I love so much and want very much to be a part of my life, but find that impossible right now as I have no money and when I get a part-time job I'll struggle to financially cover his needs so I think it's better out of my love for him, for someone else to have him.

I didn't mean to sound like I didn't want anyone's help, I jsut wanted to be consulted.

No it's my fault sorry , I shouldn't of had a rant I normally say no offence when I'm going to start on someone :lol: . Ignore me I'm having a bad day. :D

You have to come on the thread and join in as, I think you may miss an opportunity.

Back