• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What do you think?????

Think I might get one, it would put my mind at rest while im at work anyway! ALways worry Elvis is too hot!!

Hiya sweetie, well I think that is a good idea, and shows great creative initiative by the Rescue owner who has designed it :)
We use pieces of marble in our rabbit runs over the Summer months, the bunnies seem to spend most of their time stretched out on them recently :wink: Think I need my own marbel slab at this rate.. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Sweetie said:
Well, you`ve all sold it to me now!!!

Off to order one!

better hurry up then, looks like other forum members have their beady eyes on them too.... :p :p :p :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Although, I don't know if Soph would use one, she doesn't really bother with the cold bottles, there is one there on the floor now and she is on the other side of the room!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

She likes her cage with nothing on the bottom, so as it's metal, it keeps her quite cool! Plus, she would probably chew it anyway :roll: :roll:

Just ordered one........if it doesnt work out then atleast ive made a donation to the rabbit rescue the seller runs. :D :D :D

Sounds a reasonable idea, although they do say that they are 'stitched' with in the fabric which could present a problem of hygeine when you want to refreeze them. A couple of freezer blocks placed in a pillow case would be as effective and you could afford then to have some in the freezer to swap over with.

Janice

jrn1310 said:
Sounds a reasonable idea, although they do say that they are 'stitched' with in the fabric which could present a problem of hygeine when you want to refreeze them. A couple of freezer blocks placed in a pillow case would be as effective and you could afford then to have some in the freezer to swap over with.

Janice

Good idea! :D

seems very good but seems like this does the same job as a ceramic tile which u pop in the freezer and will work just the same but only half the price cause i dont think i could afford them for my lots as i would need about 20 lol
becky

jrn1310 said:

Janice

I was thinking of buying the thing off ebay until I got to Janice's post, now I'm going to buy some freezer blocks instead - thats a fab plan! thanks. :D

Just be careful as I think some of the cooler blocks might have things other than plain water in. You don't want them nibbling through to something harmful.

Certainly anything that you can put water in and freeze - a lunchbox? Or a slab of slate is good for keeping them cool.

Tam

oh , i,ll be having one of those for cheeky as well .

tamsin , cheekybun has hardly any teeth and it takes him to eat broccoli so i think we,re pretty safe on this one :lol: , however when i was feeding him some strawberry earlier I dropped a bit and my finger was pointing in his direction , yup you guessed it ....... chomp !!! ouch . so on 2nd thoughts i suppose i,d have to be careful as well.

Awww :lol:

My rats have had frozen water bottles to help them keep cool and my latest addition has been adding air holes. So, now they have a little lake to paddle in to keep cool too :roll:

Tam

Tamsin said:
Awww :lol:

My rats have had frozen water bottles to help them keep cool and my latest addition has been adding air holes. So, now they have a little lake to paddle in to keep cool too :roll:

Tam
:lol:

Back