• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Buster is off to the vets

Mikeymoo

Mama Doe
This morning to be neutered. Have to drop him off now. Hope he is ok. We took some pictures last night just in case

When he was a baby
01200b65.jpg

Trying to escape
IMGP0108.jpg

Mikeymoo said:
This morning to be neutered. Have to drop him off now. Hope he is ok. We took some pictures last night just in case

Awww Mikeymoo - now thats no way to think is it - I'm sure your little treasure will be fine and be home wanting loads of TLC later.

Now no wearing the carpet out while he's gone :wink:

Give us a shout when he comes home with news of how your little bundle of trouble is.

They said i can ring at 3 ! That seems ages away, good job im busy at work.
They also asked if he had any food this morning as he shouldnt of done :?
I packed him with his teddy and a bag of his food for later

Mikeymoo said:
They said i can ring at 3 ! That seems ages away, good job im busy at work.
They also asked if he had any food this morning as he shouldnt of done :?
I packed him with his teddy and a bag of his food for later

Awwww - that tickled me the thought of your little lad being packed off with his Tedd - awwww Bless thats lovely.

Strange that the Vets would say he shouldn't have been feed though as I always thought that with rabbits and the way their system is that they can continue to have normal food during the morning of an op :!: -

Give us a yell when he's back with you for cuddles - I'm sure he will be just fine :wink:

They can and should be fed right up to the op. They can't vomit, which is why cat and dogs etc are starved pre op. Also the anaesthetic slows the guts down and if they have been starved prior to surgery aswell then they are more likely to get gut stasis post op. So you did right by leaving him food. I'm sure he will be just fine and back to normal before you know it. Let us know when he is home :D

Hiya! Im sure the little darling will be fine! :D

My vet also said that Sophie could eat right up until the op bkz of the fact that rabbits can't vomit.

Thats sweet though, sending him off with his teddy! :lol:

I remeber reading that they could be fed right up until the op so i made sure he had plenty of food available last night.

He loves his little bugs bunny - snuggles up to him at night :roll:

AWWW thats cute :D :D

Im sure he will be fine, Little louis has a little cuddly toy lion (hes a lionhead :lol: ) he cuddles up to much to Twinkles disgust as she would rather he snuggled up to her and she stamps her foot at him if he pays his teddy too much attention :lol: :lol:

Mikeymoo said:
I remeber reading that they could be fed right up until the op so i made sure he had plenty of food available last night.

Heehee, Is Mikey your only bun? Maybe I will get one for Sophie! :lol:

loopylop said:
Mikeymoo said:

I can definately say that soft cuddle toys go down a storm - Zac is a single bun but very much bonded :lol: :lol: with me :lol: :lol: but he loves his soft toys - he has a Teddy, A Bugs Bunny and several other little cuddle bunns and Zac normally takes in turn to groom them all when I'm not around :lol: :lol: - So I definately think Sophie deserves a treat :wink:

Hey Mikeymoo - you were spot on with the feeding then - well done you :D :D :wink:

bunnytales said:
loopylop said:
Mikeymoo said:

I can definately say that soft cuddle toys go down a storm - Zac is a single bun but very much bonded :lol: :lol: with me :lol: :lol: but he loves his soft toys - he has a Teddy, A Bugs Bunny and several other little cuddle bunns and Zac normally takes in turn to groom them all when I'm not around :lol: :lol: - So I definately think Sophie deserves a treat :wink:

Yay!

More shopping for Sophie! O/h will be pleased :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now the question is, shall I bond her with a boy teddy, or a girl teddy? :lol: :lol:

Just called the vats and they said he's fine and i can pick him up in an hour :D
Im so happy, cant wait to get him home

Back