• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

why do i go in pets shops?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i went to get some food for the buns today, i wish there were pet shops with no animals in then :cry: ,

and i walked past two ladies who had bought a bunnie each (mum and daughter) well and they were asking the vet receptionist about getting there rabbits vacinated, which you would have thought was a good thing! but when the receptionist said she would book them in now to have both vacs done, i interupted them to mention they can not be done at the same time, the daughter then proceeded to ask me what to have done first only her rabbit died of mysi 18 months ago and wanted to know if her hutch would be ok, when i told her no after reading phils topic saying it remains in the soil for 4 years actually i am not sure its the same for mysi but i would not put a rabbit in a hutch where the former rabbit had died of mysi!!!!(who long if at all does mysi stay in the area?) and that the vacination would not be effective for two weeks , she did not buy a new hutch and said thank you and walked out of the shop!!!!

why oh why do these people not find out thins stuff in the first place! and if possibly poutting an eight week old baby rabbit at risk!

eve x

Myxi is transmitted through blood sucking insects so the hutch should be ok, i kept williams indoor cage think its vhd id be more worried about as its transmitted through clothes,shoes so if the rabbit had died of that id prob throw the hutch away

ok i was wrong then :oops: :oops: :oops:

i just dont like the idea of these horrible diseases they scare the hell out of me especially with poor phils situ!

eve x

bunnylove said:
ok i was wrong then :oops: :oops: :oops:

i just dont like the idea of these horrible diseases they scare the **** out of me especially with poor phils situ!

eve x
Yes i know what you mean
even though i knew it was transmitted through blood sucking insects
i changed everytime i went into the other buns when i had been with william,i washed my hands all the time he had his own food,bedding cleaning stuff you can never be to carefull

Back