• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

advice wanted

jlc

New Kit
i tried to rehome 3 male dwarf dutch rabbits on this website without success, have also tried advertising them locally they are now 7 months old and along with the other 3 all have to have seperate cages because they fight or try to mate.they were born by accident - male cage wasnt shut properly while female was out and we didnt realise until it was too late.
i know from reading the forums it is not easy finding new homes but is there anything else i can do to rehome them, anywhere else i can advertise them.

i dont just want to take them to a rescue centre because you never know whats going to happen to them and i'd rather know theyve gone to good homes.

can anyone give me any advice ?

please dont think bad of me for trying to rehome them its just becoming increasingly difficult to look after all the animals we have and its not easy on the finances either.

j

A good rescue centre will find them an excellent home. However, many good rescues have waiting lists and will also want you to pay for them to take them on - as many good rescues will vaccinate and neuter the rabbits before they go to their new homes.

i also have this problem - i rescued 3 rabbits at the begining of May and have still not found them homes.
I did visit a rescue but felt that it was unsuitable

Most rescues will find suitable homes for your buns and they certainly wouldn't have them pts if that was along the lines you were thinking. I rescue and yes I do ask for a contribution off the owner as before the bun goes to its new home they are vet checked and if not already vaccinated then they are, same as neuturing or this is stipulated at time of adoption.

If you handed your rabbits into this rescue (and probably most) you could rest assured that they would only go to the best possible homes.
We check that any prospective homes have the best accomodation and know the right way to care for rabbits. All rabbits leave here neutered and inoculated.
How many private homings can offer this? We are also able to turn away people who don't offer good enough homes much easier than a private seller.
You may not know the homes they go to but you can be sure they will be good homes.

Ditto to all said here really - you'll find most rescues excellent and here the prospective new owner will get sound advice on care and diet and general welfare for the bunnies.

You could also try maybe your local Veterinary Centres - praps do a card or little bunny poster but please check out their future home carefully there are lots of not so nice folks out there too.

Hoping the bunster find loving homes soon.

if i do feel the need to take them to/contact a rescue could anybody tell me if there are any locally - halstead/colchester area of essex

thanks j

we have had lots of lovely people adopt bunnies from us, if they arent lovely then we dont. we have now rehomed soon to be 11 bunnies through this forum, to...

debs, katie, caz, lorraine, salsa, bunny-mad, conny!

sophie

sophiemarmion said:
we have now rehomed soon to be 11 bunnies through this forum, to...

Yep, I think we can officially say your a really bad influence :lol:

rehome

I'm repeating what others say when most of the rescues on here are excellent..but please dont hand them to an RSPCA branch until you're fully familiar with their policy..my local branch does put to sleep healthy animals even though they would not advertise this. :(
most of the rescues on here have loads of recommendations from other rabbit loving forum users! :D If you're local ones are full they may be able to be transported to a further afield one with space.l

sophiemarmion wrote:
we have now rehomed soon to be 11 bunnies through this forum, to...

Yep, I think we can officially say your a really bad influence

:lol: :lol:

Back