• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Of interest to all animal lovers

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Anne is a 52-year-old female Asian elephant, the oldest elephant in the UK and the only elephant remaining in a UK circus. Anne appears with the Bobby Roberts Super Circus.
When she is not in the Big Top apparently Anne is often housed in a tent, without heating and chained by two legs. It has also been reported that certain members of the public have been allowed to ride on Anne, who is suffering from arthritis.

VOTE TO HELP ANNE THE ELEPHANT RETIRE FROM THE CIRCUS

The Sunday Mirror is running a phone poll asking the public whether they want Anne the elephant. (There was also another article in this Sunday's paper)

To vote YES dial 0901 383 4421
or
to text YES, send ELEYES to 84080

You can sign an online petition by going to:
WWW.bornfree.org.uk
Please pass this info on to anyone else who youthink will be interested. Cheers.

thats so cruel... I've signed the petition, I't makes me really angry when you see people treating animals like that. I doubt the guy whos doing this to the elephaant would like to be chained up all day :x

this circus has just been in our region this month, a few of the kids from my sons nursery went to see it and I was so shocked when somebody said there was an elephant!!

when I asked about it they said that kids were having their photo taken with her but were not allowed to ride her as, as you say she is suffering badly from arthritis.

I feel so so bad for the poor old girl, the long traveling and having to stand for very long periods must be terrible, my mum and I were talking about it and saying how tough it must be to decide what to do, she must be in constant pain, but this is the only place she has know (I remember seeing her as a very young child with this circus, as far as I knew she wasnt there anymore, how wrong I was)

Where would she be taken, I do hope the find her a nice new home and let her have peace and quite, lets hope she copes ok with it if she is found somewhere..poor ole girl :(

Back