• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rainbow

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Rainbow6.jpg

Wow! thats amazing...the colors are so bright and vivid.
Maybe thats just what you need, a rainbow. It shows a new beginning and lets pray all goes well for you from here on. Your buns must be looking down on you and looking down on the buns that are still holding on. Sorry, but I really beleive in these things, and a rainbow is a really good sign right now. good luck xxxxxxxxx we all love and support you very much!

Have you heard the story of rainbow bridge before?

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

OMG im crying!!!!

That is a beautiful story Tamsin.........Ive never heard it before.

Phil....your bunnies are all playing together now watching over you and the ones they left behind xxxxxxxxx

It's one of those things that, however many times I read or write it, it makes me cry.
So now, those of you that didn't, now know why we say that our babies have 'crossed the bridge'.
Very relevant to you Phill - certainly seems like a sign. x

Read it before but it still brings tears to my eyes - just pretending to have a coughing fit here at work to justify the tears in my eyes.

Same here no matter how many times I read it I always well up.

Got to go and dry my eyes now before picking up a stray guinea pig.

I'm sure it means that things must soon be turning a corner Phill

:thumb:

Quick wheres the tissues :D

I have read that before and I truely believe in these things, that there is such a place where our pets go and watch over us. It always makes me cry when i read it, and always reminds me of just how much I still miss my beloved Pippa (Poodle PTS 1998 aged 16)

I also find comfort from this poem

DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not Sleep.
I am a thousands winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints of snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush;
I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there,
I did not die.

(Author unknown)

:D :D :D

Hope you find some peace and comfort xxxx

aaawwww Phill that is such a beautiful rainbow, and it is supposed to be a sign of a special event if the rainbow starts at your door (so to speak).
It is a sign of hope, and it is a fact that in every negative situation a positive one has to arrive to counterbalance things once more :)
Keep your faith in this, and the rainbow will be the start of a new beginning for you.
Thinking of you each and every day, and sending lots of love
XXX

what a lovely rainbow, hope it brings better times for you and your family (human and bunnies). thinking of you and inspired by all the good you do

I've given up counting how many times I've cried this week, Phil I hope things start getting better for you and you bunnies.

Bless them allxxxxx

Maureen

donna-arc said:
It's one of those things that, however many times I read or write it, it makes me cry.

Some things just touch your heart and never let go.....
Just like our animal friends who allow us to share their lives, at least we know that they will be waiting for us to share eternity with them.

Going now to find a big box of tissues :cry: :cry: :cry: .... keep telling the O/H its my hayfever.

oh wow what a fantastic rainbow! That has got to be a sign that your bunnies are looking down on you and willing the rest of their family to fight on for them.
Both of those poems have me welling up too!

Back