• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GP Fosterers Needed

AmyJo

Mama Doe
Second Chance Rescue are desperate to find people willing to fostering some guinea pigs. There has been a recent explosion of unwanted piggies and the rescue is overwhelmed.

If you could help foster please email rescue at scr_enquiries@hotmail.com

yes but we really want people in Midlands area. Sorry should have stated that as wel like to use known vets

If you need any help I have plenty of room at the moment. I have rehomed lots of guinea pigs lately and not been asked to take any in. I think you will find Tracy from rabbit and guinea pig welfare is the same :thumb:

Cheryl

Yep could fit a few in here for re-homing rather than fostering.

We neuter ALL guineas before they leave our care.

Give me a shout if I can help.

thanks both I will speak to Teresa. Some of these piggies are a bit skittish and people with more expertese may be good

Amy

It suprising different problems in different parts of the country. We currently have no guinea's for homing at the moment and offered to take some from a few centres near to us and they too haven't got many.

sorry I did get your pm just havent had a chance to call. I will be out your way on Saturday and could pick up some pigs then. I will call in the morning.

Cheryl

Yes I did just haven't had time to do anyhting about it at the moment,but I will.

Unfortantly I may now not be able to help just waiting on a call at the moment. But will let the rescue when I know.

How desperate are you for fosters, I'm in the Midlands, but I've my work cut out for me at the minute. However if you're desperate I'm sure I can help. :D

Hey all,

My male guinea needs a friend ~ will need to be a male as my boy hasn't been neutered yet. He's 2 -~ 3 years old & his male buddy died of old age at the beginning of the year. He lives freerange indoors and has a 6ft run in the garden for daily exercise in the sunshine. All my contacts only have females and at present im saving up for neuetering(didn't bother to do so before as he was living with an older neutered male, so didn't feel it was neccessary at the time) him but as the months go by (and something swallows up my savings!) I feel sorry that he hasnt got a little buddy (altho he is having fun with two rabbits im fostering for rehoming at present!)
I regularly go up to norfolk and suffolk so if any of you guys have or know of anyone else who has a gp looking for a home let me know...
I don't care if its an ancient one that needs his bum emptied daily etc... any deformities, ailments or ongoing illnesses not a problem
I'd rather take in one that noone else wants :)

oh and I know u would want to homecheck but if u r desperate and im too far for u to come down ~ my vet will happily reference me :)

Hi

Thanks for the responses. Most of the piggies have now gone to Cheryl and Sprowston Guinea Pig rescue.

Amy

Back