• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent i have run out of pellets what can i do?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i normally feed the two giants burgress junior and have run out of it :oops: this morning, the plan was to go buy some today but my car broke down again :twisted: and had to be taken to the dealership to be fixed, needless to say i have been with out a car all day and when i finally got it back i rush to p@h and they havent got any all the other smaller pet shops on the way home dont stock it, now they said they will be hetting some tommorrow but what do i do for TONIGHT??? i have some burgress excel from my mum but will the change be to much for them especiall as hagrid as a doggie tum any way, should i feed hay and water until tommorrow (prision food) :lol: or try for one night with excel? they are 16 weeks old!

thanks eve x

at such a young age i would be wary of a drastic change overnight . maybe safer to give hay and some veggies tonight (so they don,t feel like they are on remand ) :lol:

maybe others will have wiser information tho as i,ve never come across this situation before .

Aw! Naughty car! I'm sure it would be fine for them to go without for one night, just keep the hay topped up! (That's what i would do anyway! :oops: :lol:)

If it was me I'd probably feed hay and water until tomorrow then get their usual pellets. You don't want to upset his tummy with trying something new.

Just my opinion though.

well thats my other problem because of there age there not on veg
plus is burgress excel very different to burgress jounior?

I didn't really understand your last post :oops: :oops: (Don't worry though - its probably me!) :lol:

They are having hay though right? I would say hay and water would be fine for tonight :D

I feed my baby bun a mix of excel junior and russell rabbit but he will also quite happily munch through a bowl of science selective if I forget to shut the other bunnies cages without any tummy problems!

I'd leave it for tonight! I don't think they'll starve! just plenty of hay and maybe a handful of oats?

I'd stick with hay tonight cos u don't wanna upset Hagrid's sensitive tum! I'm sure they will munch through lots of hay as they will be peckish :D

I would suggest that you just keep to hay and the normal veggies (if you are giving them that they normally have) until you can get some of the normal food that your bun is eating.

When we get buns in to the rescue whom we have no idea what food that they have been on before they go onto just hay and water and then we slowly introduce pellets. This is what we have been advised to do by our vet to minimise the risk of causing gastric problems, we have been advised against just starting them on the food we use as that could potentially cause lots of gut problems and stress out the bun further.

Janice

I went to get a sack of guinea food on Friday, but they can't get any until Weds. I have now run out completely :oops: I was daft and gave a big bag full to a friend on Thursday, as she doesn't have enough pigs to buy a whole sack. I thought I could just go and get more. :roll:

I have saved the last scrap of the usual A&P for the unwell pigs, and have been forced to use a bag of burgess guinea excel that came with my two new little ones to feed the rest. They won't be getting much at all tomorrow as that is nearly all gone :? They will no doubt get extra grass and veg though. So far none of them has had a problem with this. It was too long a gap not to feed them anything.

But as Hagrid has a history of digestive trouble, you had better not risk changing his feed.

Back