• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playhouse for my bun??

My playhouses are in my garage so don't need to be fox proofed but I know a lot of people fit second split mesh doors inside so they can leave the shed door open in hot weather but the tough mesh keeps out predators and the top part can be opened so you step over the bottom part to get in without bunny getting out.

Mine have tubes, boxes, toilet rolls and bunny toys inside to keep them amused as well as an attached running area.

Caz

We took the perspex glass out and replaced with mesh:

house4_24_apr_05.jpg

Added lino for easy cleaning and a hutch for a cosy place to sleep (but its left open):
house_24_apr_05.jpg

Then built a run on the side:
hutch_30_apr_05.jpg

with a flap thats only opened when we're there.
eeyore_twiglet_1_may_05.jpg

As for being fox proof...we havent done anything to the playhouse except put a padlock on the door and nailed the window shut.

The run is held to ground with tent pegs to help prevent a fox from easily getting his nose under and lifting it.

post subject

What a great rabbit house, I have a playhouse which my son use to use when smaller, now its just a store place for BBq and rabbit foods.

I am trying to get my OH round to the idea of making it into a rabbit home for my 2.

I`ll show him the photos and keep working on him.

Does it get very hot in this heat & and do you have any covers for the run?

In the heat we've been having this week, the buns have stayed in the playhouse all day (when they've been given the choice of run or playhouse) so it must be cooler than outside. I use the frozen bottle of water too just incase they get too hot. I've sat in there while cleaning it out and I think it's cooler.

When theres a nice breeze they like to sit by the flap inside the playhouse.

I dont have anything to shade the run, but just one of those corregated plastic roofing things for shelter from rain.

Back