• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Tribute to Brave Tilly-Mint

Jaypot

Mama Doe
You came into our home and our hearts on 24th October 2002 - and from the moment we saw you we where hooked. We brought you home from the Freshfields Rescue in Merseyside and you just settled right in living in the bunny house.

You where a complete rascal - if any mischief was done it was by you - you climbed all over the condos, you tormented the other buns, you ran up and down the fence chasing any of the other buns and you made life heaven for us.

You had been classed as un-rehomable due to having your jaw fractured accidently by one of the carers at the rescue - you spent six weeks with your jaw wired being fed via a syringe. From then on you had some teeth problems and every three months you needed a dental to file down a molar that grew at an astronomical rate. The rescue knew us as we had some buns already from them and they asked us to take you so that you could be a bunny and not just live your life out in a rescue center.

We are so very glad that you came into our lives Tilly-Mint - you gave us so much laughter, so much fun, so much naughtiness and so much love. You hated Buster at first but eventually, you and him would run alongside each other with the fence between you and we could see that you wanted to play. We opened the gate and you played for hours - it was so heartwarming and lovely to see. You where both lonely buns and now you had both found love and companionship with each other. You adored each other and Buster rarely left your side.

You loved the Bunny House, you loved the garden, you loved your Buster and we know that you loved us. We where so very honoured to have such a special girl like you - everyone who met you saw the utter beauty that you had both inside and out.

In January of this year you went for a dental and afterwards the vet found a lump - after checking for a while she suspected a tumour and where it was situated was inoperable :cry: She said that she could do a biopsy but we knew from past experience that opening up (no matter how small) can spread quickly and we wanted you to have as much time as possible as long as you where pain free and happy.

For all these months you have fought and fought, you have had really bad days but rallied each time when we thought that the end was near. You have been so very brave and we couldn't have been prouder parents than we have been with you.

You slowed down more over the past couple of days and yesterday you didn't want to be in the garden - we thought it may be the heat. This morning daddy went to get you up and you looked to be having one of your bad days :cry: I got the medicines all ready then went to get you. As soon as I saw you I knew that it was time and that you where ready to leave us :cry: I picked you up so gently and carried you into daddy - he saw my tears and then I told him that you where getting ready to leave us for the Rainbow Bridge. You had no fight left in you any more - you where so very tired :cry: :cry: :cry: We knew that no matter what we did that you would leave today - you had chosen to go and we didn't blame you one bit. We knew that you wanted to have a healed and healthy body again - and that you wanted to play with all your friends at the Bridge. We couldn't ask any more of you, you had been so brave and had fought tirelessly all those months.

We held you and we kissed and cuddled you - we told you it was alright to sleep and to go and wake up at the Rainbow Bridge. We promised you that we would never forget you and that we would look after your Buster for you :cry: :cry: We cuddled and kissed you for over two hours and then, very peacefully, you went from us :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: It has broken our hearts to lose a little girl that was so very special to us and to many other people as well.

Thank you to Lisa for making you so popular with the cards and the Tilly-Mint packs - thank you to those who bought them as this way Tilly-Mint will be remembered for a long time by others as well as ourselves. Thank you Tilly-Mint for bringing us joy and happiness - thank you for loving Buster and making him happy - thank you for being our little girl and loving us so much - thank you for letting us be your mummy and daddy - most of all Tilly-Mint, thank you for being you.

We will always love and miss you but where you are now, time has no meaning and to you it has been just a little nap and you have woken up in glorious sunshine surrounded by all your past friends. You are seeing beautiful fields and grass, lots and lots of carrot tops and all your favourite veggies - you will not realise that we are not there in the flesh with you as in the blink of an eye we will be with you again. We know that we are with you in your heart and you, are darling little girl, are with us always in our hearts. While you are there you are always remembered and always with us.

We love you baby girl - we always have, we always will. Run free in the eternal sunshine now darling - no more dentals, no more tumours, no more pain. Nothing can ever, ever hurt you again little one. You are safe for all eternity and you are loved for all eternity to.

We love you Tilly-Mint - we love you so much. Say hello to all our other Bridge Babies. We love you always. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All our love from your proud Mummy and Daddy and your husbun Buster - and all your brothers and sisters of the Hairy Mob - xxxxxxx

[/img]
tillymint251023.jpg

tillymint2510215.jpg

BusterandTilly16633.jpg
[/img]

that was beautiful . she was a very lucky girl to have such a caring family , run free little girl .

"to live on in the hearts of those you love is not to die "

so very very sorry Jay and John :cry: :cry: :cry:

run free little Miss Tilly Mint bun

always in our thoughts and forever in our hearts

xxx

:cry: :cry: :cry:
What a beautiful tribute to such a gorgeous little bunny.
Run free little one, say hello to all my precious bunny friends over the bridge :rabbit2:

Cheryl

That was such a lovely tribute, I have tears rolling down my face.

Run free baby girl and send my love and kisses to Amber, Smokey, Magic and Pepsi, who I miss so much and all the other bunnies up there who are sadly missed by us all.

Well done for being such wonderful people Jay and John, true bunny angels.

Nicola xxx

AWW Jay, she was adorable. She looks the double of a bunny Vianne has just rescued. take care, thinking of you. xxx

:cry: Sorry to hear of Tilly-Mint's passing. She had the best possible care with you two and was as loved as a bunny can be.

Binky free Tilly-Mint x

:cry: :cry:

Poor Tilly-Mint, but she is not in pain any longer and is munching her carrot tops with the other bridge bunnies. She knows how much she is loved and has had a great life with you.

*hug*

**binky free Tilly-Mint**

Big hugs to you at such a sad time. I had tears streaming down my face reading your touching message :(

Our pets touch our hearts so deeply and losing them is so painful, but they remain alive in our hearts.

Run free Tilly mint xx

Back