• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

heat / not eating !!!!!

gina paul

Mama Doe
cheekybun has stopped eating again and is just really sleepy and wants to be left alone . does anyone think it could be the heat ? I,ve been syringe feeding him again ,i,ve kept him indoors , put the fan on him and done everything possible but he will not eat !! He was at the vets on friday for a checkup and was fine but since yesterday he has just been a bit offish!!

ey Gina, it may well be the heat. hesters family (non of which have died) have been very lazy today the only started eating at 9.30pm when it had cooled down a bit! everything is just sweltering XXX Come on Cheeky bun eat something XXXX

i hope it is just the heat . The little ****** will eat his choccy drops and let me syringe him happily but when I try to coax him , he just turns his nose up . He looks a bit fed up !!

How are you phill ? Silly question but i,ve been thinking of you ever since I saw your thread .

Mine have been off their food aswell. Although after seeing Tamsins idea of slices of carrot in the freezer, I gave them some of those and they ate them. Even my dogs are off their food today which is just unheard off!

Evo was like this on Friday. Hew would eat a bit of hay and porridge oats, but not his Excel or any other treats. I was wondering if it was his teeth, but I guess it might well be the eat if other people are experiencing it with their bunnies too.

he is picking at his food and i mean picking . when i checked him this morning he had eaten a little more overnite but i,m continuing to syringe him . I was at the vets tonight picking up his medicine and they have said to maintain the feeding , i,ve to double his medication and then just see if he starts to eat . He feels clammy as well but they said that is not unusual with the weather we have had and as he is a fairly oldish bunny then he will feel the heat more .... watch this space !!!!! can,t try the frozen carrots as he hardly has any teeth !! :shock:

ok , he is now pigging out !! , he just had a butt wash and his eyes were all glazed over when i was washing his winky , he had a very stinky winky but i,m sure he enjoyed it ... so much that he has his appetite back . :lol:

Back