• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food

chinakit

Warren Scout
Also .... what food does everyone recommend, for when I get my new bunny. Can he eat the Gerty Guinea food, or should I get him special rabbit food, if so, what kind is best?

Chinakit
Jane

I would feed proper rabbit food, the plain pellets are best as it stops selective feeding, i feed surpreme science selective, it is made by the same company as gerty guinea pig so hopefully you will be able to find it ok. There are others like excel and oxbow too. Of course hay makes up around 80% of their diet. :wink:

Beebop said:
I would feed proper rabbit food, the plain pellets are best as it stops selective feeding, i feed surpreme science selective, it is made by the same company as gerty guinea pig so hopefully you will be able to find it ok. There are others like excel and oxbow too. Of course hay makes up around 80% of their diet. :wink:

Yes, I do understand about good quality hay, having had guineas and rabbits and horses all my life! I might get the Supa Rabbit Excel as most of the shops around here have it.

Jane
Chinakit

Back