• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suprise Litter

katokym

Warren Scout
Oh what a suprise i got this morning when i went to clean out the hutchs of my two rescued bunnies :shock: . Jemima is now a proud mummy of 8 little darlings. I had no idea that she was having babies, as since i got Peter and her i have had them in seperate hutches. Thought i was safe.
Never had baby bunnies before would appreciate any advice you's can give. I have estimated that the babies are only about 2 - 3 days old. As when i topped her hay up on friday morning there was no babies. :)

My goodness...certainly a big surprise!! I am sure you will get lots of good advice and help. Look forward to hearing all about your babies

Wow, certainly abit of a surprise! How long have you had her?

Best thing is just to leave her to it for now. Make sure she has plenty to eat/drink. She won't spend much time with the babies, could be as little as 10 minutes a day (or night) so don't worry if you don't see her with them.

Tam

Thanx for that. was getting very worried that i did not see her near the kittens much. I've only had them for nearly a month.

You should avoid handling the Kits as much as possible but do make sure that none have died. Litters stay warm by the little bodies transfering heat. If one dies it then gets cold and the bunnies have a dead kit that takes in the heat but doesn't make any to pass along.

When the kits have control of moving and can run around, groom, eat, etc. then they need excersize so their muscles and bones develop properly.

Back