• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

earwigs in hutch

greybunny

Young Bun
Hi! Does anyone know whether earwigs cause bunnies any harm? When I was cleaning the hutch today I found around 10 earwigs in the hutch (most were under the litter tray). I've closely inspected the bunnies and they seem fine and I've never noticed any earwigs before but I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem? I've cleaned the hutch and moved it but I'd really like to stop them coming back (not least because I hate earwigs!)

I have earwigs in one of my hutches aswell, they come and go, but are always in the same hutch! Never seem to have harmed Humphrey though :)

My dad told me when I was little that earwigs got into human ears and try to eat our brains :shock: :shock:

Think this was just a ploy to make me wear a hat when I used to clean my rabbit :lol: :lol:

Ewwwwwww brain eating earwigs!!!!!

Earwigs in hutches will be fine i have many in one of the kennels but no where else and the buns that were in there are fine XX

Back