• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exercise?!

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Hiya. Well, i gotta bit of a problem really. Charlie is getting to be a pretty 'fat rabbit' :shock: . Thing is, he is definately not overfed, as i feed him a really small amount, but he just doesnt excercise, he has a massive run and he just sits in the corner all day, the only time he runs is when he hears the food bowl being filled up :lol: Any ideas on how to get my lazy bunny fit?! Thanks. Becki xx :rabbit2:

A friend would be the best way to get him to exersise. All the lone bunnies here tend to just sit, whereas the pairs seem to have much more interest in what's going on and are much more busy.
I also find that runs don't tend to get the best out of rabbits - they seem to prefer to be able to hop in and out of their hutch and explore. If your garden isn't bunny proof could you invest in some puppy penning and section off an area around his hutch?

phoebe's bit like that :roll: lovely day and she tends to flop out in her hutch by the food bowl, but donnas right - dusty normally comes to get her to play with him! and she does jump in and out the hutch

Hiya!

Have you tried building an area perhaps made out of different sized cardboard boxes and tunnels to run through? You could do this within the run if it is big enough! It might be more exciting for Charlie rather than running around a run! :wink:

Another thing you could do is hide his food. You can put it in boxes or in the bottom of flower pots then stuff hay on top. You can hang his veg with string from the top of his run. Just sprinkle it around too - that way he has to work to get his dinner! Not only will it get him hopping around but it will ease his boredom.

Back