• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pellets???

which is better pellets or mixed dried veg rabbit food as i have both and dont know which one to give???

also groomed millie for first time since i had her today! she was good and sat there still (most of the time) the amount of fur coming out of her she should be a bald bunnie :lol: :lol: :lol:

post subject

I had my guys on mix and they had sticky bums most of the time, then about 3 months ago changed them to science selective and the sticky bums stopped. So I highly recomend s/s also good for the diet as not picking out favourite things.

I would say it took me 2 months to change over as I did it very slowly and they didn`t object to the change.

Pellets are better as they prevent selective feeding, however do not change the bun quickly over to them from the food they were originally on as it stresses them out making them at risk of gut problems. You need to change them over to their new food over a perido of at least 10 days. You don't need to waste the food they are coming off just take it longer to get them off it.

This page shows the fibre content of the main food stuffs which are on sale http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/care/rabbitfood.asp Recently we have seen debate on how accurate the fibre content is due to the fact that the value of fibre is reduced by chopping foodstuffs up into smaller particles. I am not sure if these figures are made up of the fibre value prior to the food being manufactured or after. Which ever way it actually turns out the non selective way should be the better way for your buns digestive system and their teeth.

Janice

Back