• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish us luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazbinky

Warren Scout
Well my Lou Poo is a tad lonely so we've decided to get him a girlfriend (don't worry he is neutered, I don't mean to breed with or anything!!)

I've been doing lots of phoning to rescue centres etc and I found this lovely girl........they've reserved her for me, and me, hubby and Lou are going to Hertfordshire on Saturday to meet her :D
rabbit_2539.jpg

She's called Caramel and is spayed and 10 months old.
I reaaaaaaly hope her and Lou hit it off, but if not, they have a few other does there looking for lurve too :)[/img]

aawww they look like they could be a perfect match.. hope the intro goes well and you come home with a 2nd bunny :D

Well, it's a long and VERY disappointing story. That rescue shouldn't call themselves a rescue at all!! I've emailed Tamzin and Adele to investigate as they had some very odd procedures, I won't go into it all yet, but they expected me to leave Lou with them for a week and they'd apparantly do the bonding..........they couldn't understand when I said that I wasn't doing that, it would stress him and it would be a complete change of diet. Plus I know you can't bond buns in a week......it wouldn't even be neutral territory as that's Caramel's home!!

Even when I explained to her how I'd go about bonding them she wouldn't let me see Caramel. They were very very unprofessional and I question their rabbit knowledge, as I was told some rubbish. Please nobody go to that rescue place.

So we travelled 160 miles on a boiling hot day with poor Lou in the back. I'm very very upset at them, I wanted to help but they wouldn't even let me.

How disappointing for you (and Lou and Caramel).
It's not unusual for rescues to do the bonding - we offer the service but certainly don't insist on it.
Us recues all have our own way of doing things, and we all think that only we do it the right way. I'm sure they think they are doing the best for the bunnies.
Please don't give up your search for a rescued friend for him. Maybe she wasn't meant to be the one and his new love is out there waiting for you to find her.
Best of luck! x

Thanks Lisa, I was just gutted as ***** explained NONE of this on the phone to me, she said they would be introduced then I could carry on the bonding in my own time at home!! She said I could take Caramel that day, not like 2 weeks later!! But she also said Caramel was spayed ages ago, the other woman told me she'd only been done two weeks ago, they were so absent minded and didn't seem to know anything.

ADMIN EDIT ON NAME.

its a shame for all those poor bunnies this experience would put people off recuing from them and no bunnies will get rehomed :?
the bestest place to bond bunnies as u said is on neutral territory not caramels home somewhere where u could av made sure they are both safe and happy

lisa

I know!! She moaned that they had too many bunnies, but when you offer to take one of their hands they won't let you!!! :lol:

I took phootos of my house, the hutches, everything and it STILL wasn't good enough! She just thought I was going to stick Caramel and Lou together and let them get on with it :evil: It's so unfair, no wonder there are so many in rescues if you aren't even allowed to rehome them!!

Plus, I said 'ok, so if i WERE to trust you and leave Lou here, when could I pick him up?' She replied "well you can't anyway at the moment as we have no spare hutches!!!" :shock: So why send me on a wild goose chase if they knew nothing could even happen anyway!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

The thing is......

Caz took Lou for a 60 mile drive there, to be told she had to leave him for a week. If she had been told this on the phone she would not hav put Lou to the stress of the journey as she was not going to agree to leave him. As a result he then had another 60 mile drive back, for nothing.

This is not to mention that Lou was expected to live outside for a week with a new diet, unsure of suroundings and handlers, and he is used to being a house bunny.
Then to be introduced to another rabbit, then hauling them both back 60 miles a week later. To another new environment which would be stressful to both bunnies.

The other problem is, in a week there is no bonding guarentee.
There was no talk of quarenteen which is essential.
Lou and Caramel would have been subjected to the risk of an ill rescue coming in, and them becoming ill as a result.

Caz stood being lectured for an hour on stuff she has already researched to the max, which made her feel bad. And then they turn round and say they have no space for Lou.

Caz was not told on the phone, if she had of been she would not have dragged Lou that distance, not to mention they should have said on the phone they had no space for him.

The whole thing is a shambles, causing stress to Lou and heartache to Caz and James who expected to go home with a nice new bunny.

Thanks for the support Shazza, the thing is, clearly nobody cares or the rescue would have been spoken to by now??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back