• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

9 (mostly rex) bunnies needing homes, Wells, Shepton Mallet

shantel

Alpha Buck
The lady who I had Poppy from needs to find homes for her bunnies. I'm not sure about the babies and whether they will be needing homes yet but will find out. I shall be getting some photos of them all soon, so will add asap.

1 blue/white frenchlop doe (under a year)
1 siameses sable rex doe (with 5 babies at present)
3 blue rex does (all adult)
2 blue rex bucks (adult)
1 havana rex buck (under a year and hand raised)
1 dalmatian rex buck (adult) (Poppy's dad!)

If necessary they can be homed with their hutches.

Will post more info when I get it. They are in Wells, near Shepton Mallet/Cheddar Gorge.

Shantel x

PS I am trying very very hard to resist!!!!

Are the adult rex does spayed?? Ideally i want a spayed and vaccined adult doe who likes other buns. If my trip to a rescue shelter in Hertfordshire on Saturday to find Lou a girlfriend doesn't work out, I may be interested in one of the blue rexes :)

I am told they are being rehomed because the owner is now working longer hours and doesn't have as much time for them. She used to breed, hence the Dalmatian rex buck being Poppys dad.

Have just been told none of them have been neutered or vax'd.

Also, all the babies are looking for homes. They are 6 weeks, and she will sex them over the weekend.

Mmm, the dalmatian buck sounds very handsome... if only I could persuade Molly that a toyboy is what she needs in life.........

Oh - don't let Bluebunny see this - too many blue rexes up for grabs ;)!

I must admit I am totally tempted if it wasn't for the fact I would be down the divorce courts so fast my feet wouldn't touch the ground.

Caz

I know what you mean Caz but the logistics are holding me back. i.e. Unvaccinated so would have to be kept in quarantine away from mine for I don't know how long (and I don't have the space for that). Thats the main drawback. Then there's the logistics of where to keep him whilst he has his crown jewels removed :wink: (and where to keep him during the recovery period) then Molly may not take to him anyway and I don't have space for a third hutch

I'm tempted too, but the fact the does are unspayed is putting me off............Caramel (see other thread 'wish us luck') was spayed about 6 weeks ago and is vaccinated so is a much safer bet (and marginally cheaper seeing as I don't have to pay for the op myself)

If things don't work out though with her on Saturday, I'm still going to be tempted by one of the blue rex does!!! :?

oh shame i would love the dalmation rex, but hubby would kill me as i already have 16 but i do have two spare hutches :(

cant someone just dump it outside the house he couldnt say no then! :oops: :lol: :lol:

eve x

It makes me very angry that this woman has been earning money breeding rabbits but hasn't even bothered to vaccinate. I can't stand people who make money out of animals.

donna-arc said:
It makes me very angry that this woman has been earning money breeding rabbits but hasn't even bothered to vaccinate. I can't stand people who make money out of animals.
I know what you mean Donna and I have major concerns for this the dalmatian as oldies do tend to get passed over. I'm scared she's just going to dump him. :x

If it did become urgent and she became desperate obviously let us know and we'd help out. Can you let her know that Shantel?

ohhhh rexes im sure they will find a home soon, i cant see any one turn down a rex lol.
i dont think she has made any money out of this as breeders dont usually, only cruel backyard breedes might make money, the money u get from babies just covers bedding and food ect for the rest of the animals and also cover what the babies have got get through as i notice food and bedding ect go down twice as fast when there is a litter about
becky

I'm sure she won't dump any of them, and I don't suppose she is in any rush to rehome them but will let you all know when I find out more. Hopefully she should be taking some photos this weekend..... so I will put them up whilst wearing a blindfold! :lol:

Caz said:
Oh - don't let Bluebunny see this - too many blue rexes up for grabs ;)!

I must admit I am totally tempted if it wasn't for the fact I would be down the divorce courts so fast my feet wouldn't touch the ground.

Caz
Too late ive seen it now!!!!!
Oh a boy dalmation rex :love:
If only!!!

bunni

Hi

Ican take on a few of these bunnies i lost my pet frenchlop doe last month so would be interested in giving the doe a home if they can be brougt to bristol

Marie

I have a dalmation rex but he is seriously in love and seriously neutered! I have named him Privet and he lives with an elderly and extremley frightened doe of mine called Fennel. She is a grey and white rex I rescued from an animal shelter. I feel ashamed to say this, but I absolutely adore rexes!! I have Privet and Fennel and a pair of mini rexes called Petal and Tiger Tim. Petal rips your shirt off each time you try to handle her, and Tiger Tim is the only baby left from a litter of 4 when all of the rest died with no obvious reason, not with me may I add.

Never fear I do home rexes if they do not have serious setbacks. If you are desperate for spaces I have room for 2 who will be neutered and homed as a pair.

Alice

Right some more details and photos.

Grace
DOB: 3.12.01
Blue Rex
Doe
Not neutered
Not vaccinated
Grace.jpg

Belle
DOB: Aug 02
Blue rex
Doe
Not neutered
Not vaccinated
Belle.jpg

Hamish
DOB: Spring 02
Tri-colour dalmatian rex
Buck
Not neutered
Not vaccinated
hamish.jpg

Peter (Had an eye infection which has now cleared - fur not grown back properly yet)
DOB: June 04
Hand reared from 3 days old
Havana rex
Buck
Not neutered
Not vaccinated
peter.jpg

Josephine
DOB: 6.3.02
Siamese sable rex
Doe
Not neutered