• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help find my rabbits

Adele

Warren Veteran
POSTED ON BEHALF OF: Debbie

The other morning when i went to my shed to find someone has stolen two of my rabbits draycko (1 year old neutered buck, ginger and white mismarked dutch with half blue and half dark brown eyes) and sooty ( dark brown eyes, dark brown/black in colour with a few white hairs between her shoulder blades she is a 3 year old neutered due)

the rest of the bunnies are left unhurt, but gucci the angora who was bonded with draycko and sooty is refusing to eat which am really worried about

Please contact Debbie by PM if you have any information.

I am so sorry to hear your news. Do you have any piccies of the rabbits which have been taken to help people keep an eye out for them? Which area have they been taken from?

Janice

Oh my god! I can't believe somebody would do such a thing :cry: makes me wonder about security and locks on the bunny shed :eek: I'm so sorry to hear about that Adele - I hope they are found safe and well :cry:

Oh no Adele so sorry to hear this :cry: what is the world coming to? and I wonder why they left Sooty behind, it seems very strange. I hope and pray you get them both back safe and sound

They are Debbie's rabbits not adele's .. Adele has posted it on her behalf. Debbie is in Scotland.
I hope you get your rabbits back Debbie.

Thats horrific, Debbie you must be out of your mind with worry :(

I hope you get them all back safe and sound quickly. Have you reported it to the police? I'd also try putting a message out on your local radio & newspaper giving the buns descriptons, names etc and that should anyone be approached by someone selling these bunnies to get in contact. Also note to the perpetrator that you want the buns back and ask them to return them safely to you, even if it's anonamously putting them back in your garden.

Have you considered leaving your info with the local vets and pet shops incase the thief tries to find buyers for them via that avenue?

Oh this is just awful, I'm so sorry for you...........If I find the evil people I'll skin them alive :evil:

It may be worth putting leaflets with piccies under a few doors round your way - try and have a good gossip with the neighbours find out if little Johnnie two doors down just got rabbits for his birthday!

I have a feeling it may be someone local who knows you keep rabbits and may even have seen them in their runs and figured on a "free" pressie for a kid.

If they were in their shed when they were taken it wasn't an opportunistic theft - someone knew where they were and what they wanted!

Ask your local vets to keep an eye out for someone registering two rabbits matching your's description.

You will need some way to prove they are yours - were they microchipped? Did they have leg rings? If they are found you can then have them returned to you

Any distinguishing features like a prominant spay scar or a mole, a spot of colour in a wierd place - do you have close up photos of them?

The more detail you put into the posters/leaflets the better (obviously don't mention the micro-chip or leg ring or they may try to remove it) then little Johnnie's mum or friend may smell a rat (or should that be rabbit)!

Caz

Oops :oops: :!: Sorry I did not make it clearer that is poor Debbie that has lost two of her bunnies, not me.
Lets hope Debbie hears some positive news soon.
we are all thinking of you Debbie at this difficult time.

OMG, Debbie, I cant believe someone would actually steal bunnies. Hope you are reunited as soon as possible. Have you thought of going to the local news so they could film it and make people think if they have seen them, and even the local gazette??

This is heartbreaking news Debbie :cry: I cant even begin to imagine how you feel :cry: :cry: its soul destroying to know that people are capable of doing something like this :cry:

I can only say I agree with what other members have written, contact every vet around you, go to all the media, even if the culprit does'nt come forward, a neighbour may have noticed something :wink: try and think if anyone in particular has shown an interest in your bunnies lately, who over looks your garden etc anything that might give you a clue, Caz is right, I too dont think this is a random theft :cry: :cry:

I hope they are back with you soon Debbie, my thoughts are very much with you :cry:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D they hay been returned safe and sound!! i put up posters everywhere lol vets, shops, even the schools! just aswell i did cuz this is how they were found some kids mum knew there where abouts and handed them into the vets (obviously i never had the chance to ask questions about her "story") but who cares :D :D :D my babies are home! and they are famous as they were mentioned in the local paper heeheehee thank you everyone x

that is brilliant news Debbie, I am really pleased that your buns are home at last :D :D what a terrible ordeal for you to have gone through though :( thank god they are home safe and sound :thumb: :D

Back