• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bunny testicles?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
quick question if a rabbits testicles have not dropped does that make it infertile? (hope so) and the vet mentined that they would have to be removed at 6 months if still not dropped but because he is a giant i am not confident that the vet knows the difference, is 6 months ok to do that to a giant?

eve x

I think he still has all the bits so is probably fertile. Some rabbit's never descend but I think they can still father children.

I figure if the vet thinks he can find them and take them out he won't have much trouble - they are way bigger than other rabbits and difficult to miss when outside so should be obvious inside and it can be a cancer risk if they never descend.

Sexually giants are a bit slower to figure out where to put what and I think their bits do take longer to develop but at 6 months everything should be fully functioning as far as I am aware because normal bunnies can be done from 4 months if the vet is confident.

I had Zeus done at a year but that was because he was an only rabbit and wasn't spraying so it wasn't a necessity at the time.

Caz

thanks caz, i know what you mean caz about there bits being bigger, hagrid has a little diahrohia (ps?) yesterday, so i washed his bottom when i turned his over to dry his bottom he looked swollen! so in a panic i called the vets, it wasnt until i took a breathe and turned hermonie upside that i noticed that actually this is normal they are just bigger! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

needless to say i called the vet back who was waiting for me because it was after hours and said my car would not start! :oops: :oops: :lol:

eve x

Some rabbit's never descend but I think they can still father children.
:oops: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

This makes me wonder what some people are doing with their buns :oops: :oops:

rngpwelfare said:
Some rabbit's never descend but I think they can still father children.
:oops: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

This makes me wonder what some people are doing with their buns :oops: :oops:

OK so maybe that should be "kits" not "children" - I am happily married and have no need for rabbits of the living or battery powered kind in that way ;) :lol: !

Caz

Hi,

Well Mr Billy had his done at 4months when they thought he was a girl :lol: :lol: :lol:

The had not dropped and the vet said it looked like they would not have come down when they opened him up. He did say that if they are left they could become cancerous, has anyone heard this before.

Better out than in I say!!!!

Maureen

Ps I couldn't wait much longer as he was spraying me all the time and is a
house bunny

Back