• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just wondering...

touie

Wise Old Thumper
whether anyone has managed to bond two girl bunnies? I am thinking of trying to bond Splodge (10 weeks) and Niamh (3 years) over the summer, but I know boy/girl is the preferable partnership. Is it likely to work? :?

Hi touie most of my bun familys are bonded girls. Is your older girls psayed? It may help to get her done if she's not already as this will take some of her hormones away. The biggest group of girls i have bonded is four with one male, it used to be 6 until lilly and meg decided they liked the run next door better and moved in :D

I'm still struggling to bond 2 females.
Marmalade is 18 months and Treacle is 7 months, they are both neutered.
The fighting has stopped, but the frantic chasing each other around the garden hasn't. They've divided the garden up into a half each, the main problem comes when Treacle starts to groom Harry (Marmy's b/friend) then chaos breaks lose.

I'm not too concerned at the moment... but I wouldn't trust them in the run together.

Its took a lot of patience and a good aim with the water pistol to get this far. I still keep having a hutch swap every week to try and get them more comfortable with each other, but its a slow process.

Yes Niamh has been speyed. I tried to bond her with my two boys (Treacle and Fudge) but she is absolutely terrified of them , she is quite a small bunny, Lionhead x Nethy. So I thought she might be less scared of a baby bun. Niamh met Splodge briefly a few weeks ago when Splodge was 6 weeks old but she still cowered on my lap! :shock: :?

Both of them are very placid bunnies so I thought I'd give Splodge a couple of weeks to catch up in size then give it a go!

It's a nightmare at the moment, I've a 2 bed terrace house with Treacle and Fudge in the lounge, Splodge in the kitchen and Niamh in my bedroom and I can't let any of them out at the same time!!! I want them all to make friends!

Hmmm turns out Splodge might be a boy after all! Which should make bonding easier :D but oh no I've got to cope with another teenage boy spraying!!! :evil:

Back