• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WHAT FOOD

hi just wondering what food is best to feed rabbits as i know some rabbits can be selective in what parts of mixed foods they eat

any replys welcome

Hello
I think most people feed the all in one pellets, as this cuts out selective feeding. I use excel, some use different ones - can't remember the names off hand! They should only get a lmited amount of pellets though, with plenty of hay and fresh food.
hope this helps

The ideal 'pellets' are high in fibre and low in fat. The rescue I foster for has just started to change their animals over from Excel to Oxbow Bunny Basics. the other really important thing to do is to weigh your rabbit and give it the correct amount for its size and to give lots of hay to maximise digestion and teeth health at their maximum. This link gives the fibre, protein and fat content of the major foods available.
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/care/rabbitfood.asp

Janice

Ive just changed mine onto Allen and Page natural pellets. They are high in fibre and seem to disappear pretty quick with my two.. also they are easier to find than the science selective pellets that they were on before.

Back