• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fairly Urgent Cheshire

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I've just had a call from a lady who has had a rabbit dumped in her garden (in a little hutch). She's fed it and watered it but obviously it can't stay there. She is in Crewe (Cheshire). She's tried the RSPCA but hasn't had much luck finding anywhere that can take it. Any ideas? Rescues are abit short on the ground in that area.

Tam

There used be a lady on Buxton road in Macclesfield that look in small animals but my mum has no idea weather she still does!

Also there is Eliane in Manchester but she has no transport so the Lady would have to take it there.

rabbits

if she gets it to me then I can take it as long as there is a hutch as I am getting rather full

Elaine

It is in a hutch but from what she said its only a 3' one, she says her own guinea pig has a bigger house than the rabbit was dumped in.

Tam

rabbit

that would be fine as I can arrange some of the others but I couldn't take it without the hutch

It was dumped with the rabbit so I'm sure they'll be no problem with you having it. I'll give her a ring and give her your number so she can get in touch and sort out arrangements.

Thanks Elaine!
Tam

One of our forum members is going to meet him/her tommorow and hopefully offer him a home. If not she might be able to hold on to hhim until you have more space Elaine as I'm not sure the hutch will be good for anything.

Tam

Its me, its me.....lol
I'm meeting her tmw at McDonnels in Crewe :shock:

I have a spare hutch and run. I'll take it to the vets for a check up anyhow.

The only problem is, I won't be able to keep her/him if it's got Pasturella etc.
I just wouldn't want to risk all my other animals.

Any advice much apprieciated!

hutchley_eats_hamsters said:
Its me, its me.....lol
I'm meeting her tmw at McDonnels in Crewe :shock:

I have a spare hutch and run. I'll take it to the vets for a check up anyhow.

The only problem is, I won't be able to keep her/him if it's got Pasturella etc.
I just wouldn't want to risk all my other animals.

Any advice much apprieciated!

If it's a her with Pasturella i already have one bun with it so could fit one more in if nothing else turns up Hutchley XXX Good Luck XX

Oh my god, its in awful condition.
It's some where in between a a cashmere lop and a dwarf lop
It's quite woolly though :?:

Its covered in matts and lugs, which I have removed.
He sat for ages being brushed, he is really good tempered.
I was convinced, because he so gorgeous that he would be vicious!
Nope, he's great!

I left it in it's hutch, which is huge btw. (and extremely heavy!)
It hardly fitted in the suzuki! :shock:
I have attached a run, and I've never seen a rabbit binky soooo much.
He does forwards, backwards, and sideways binkies.
Then he collapses in a heap! Poor thing!

I'll post a piccy soon.

Ps. We've named him Dylan.

DYLAN

dont you know youve just done the right thing when you leT the bun have a run and he binkies ???? I think its the most joyous sight and a great way thAT he can let you know how gratefull he is. GO ....DYLAN..... :lol:

Back